Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Got through the storms

Got through the storms

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-05-08, 09:54 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day
Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1620%

Oh the guy across the street with 11 kids. Such a nice person , deacon in the church etc. All fall ran his well to fill up the pond and I'm talking 24/7 for months. Then it started raining and overflowed so he had the county dig a ditch for it to overflow into and drain down to a brand new house built this past summer. Nice huh? OH and then in Jan he was filling his pond again and it was overflowing. Stupid jerk.

Anyway if we do have a drought and water ban I hope he tries this crap cause I'm calling the county on his butt.
Old 03-05-08, 09:57 AM
is Fins Up
Thanked 48 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

we got about halfd an inch of ice yesterday evening then it snowed overnight,maybe 2 inches of that..the school i work in has a snow day but grace has school today,our district and most of the suburban ones bus every child so they don't close as often as the buffalo district
Old 03-05-08, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Yikes, ice and snow! Stay safe!
Old 03-05-08, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Just heavy heavy rain last night and this's been on and off so far today. NO flooding right by my house though!!!

and all the snow has mosly melted which is causing problems too ( but again not right by my house)
Old 03-05-08, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oddly enough there is a lot of flooding around here and our sump pump is running constantly We lost power at about 3 am and it didn't come on until almost 6 am. No idea why. It's only the third time we have lost power for any amount of time since we have lived here. I took Haleigh to school this morning and there were parts of the road that were closed off or you had to drive through a bunch of water. I think the problem here was that we got heavy rain plus it was melting about 4 inches of snow that was left on the ground.

Latest Articles
Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

Baby Names for Spring Babies
If you are looking for a unique baby name for your Spring baby, look no further. Check out these names for your Spring baby boy or girl.

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date
New guidelines for a more accurate estimation of conception date and due date have been introduced by the American College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.

September 2015 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Hi! I'm Aurora" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations auroraheaven1014!

Calculators & Tools