Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Got through the storms

Got through the storms

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-05-08, 09:54 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 83.81%

Oh the guy across the street with 11 kids. Such a nice person , deacon in the church etc. All fall ran his well to fill up the pond and I'm talking 24/7 for months. Then it started raining and overflowed so he had the county dig a ditch for it to overflow into and drain down to a brand new house built this past summer. Nice huh? OH and then in Jan he was filling his pond again and it was overflowing. Stupid jerk.

Anyway if we do have a drought and water ban I hope he tries this crap cause I'm calling the county on his butt.

Old 03-05-08, 09:57 AM
is Fins Up
melanie

Thanked 48 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

we got about halfd an inch of ice yesterday evening then it snowed overnight,maybe 2 inches of that..the school i work in has a snow day but grace has school today,our district and most of the suburban ones bus every child so they don't close as often as the buffalo district

Old 03-05-08, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 6.21%

Yikes, ice and snow! Stay safe!

Old 03-05-08, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Just heavy heavy rain last night and this morning..it's been on and off so far today. NO flooding right by my house though!!!

and all the snow has mosly melted which is causing problems too ( but again not right by my house)

Old 03-05-08, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Oddly enough there is a lot of flooding around here and our sump pump is running constantly We lost power at about 3 am and it didn't come on until almost 6 am. No idea why. It's only the third time we have lost power for any amount of time since we have lived here. I took Haleigh to school this morning and there were parts of the road that were closed off or you had to drive through a bunch of water. I think the problem here was that we got heavy rain plus it was melting about 4 inches of snow that was left on the ground.

Latest Articles
When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools