Baby Corner

Old 04-16-06, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Talking Great Easter Fun!

It was a wonderful weekend and it's about time after the week we had! Yesterday, we took Aedan to the local park for an Easter egg hunt. He had a blast, we were only there for like 15 minutes because it was so quick. The kids were all allotted only 10 eggs to find and then you cash them in for a little Easter goody. I didn't even think to bring and Easter basket, so my Mom dumped out her big purse and he used that-it was hilarious and so cute. And I CANNOT believe this but the Easter bunny was there and he actually took two shots with the Easter bunny and smiled!

Then in the afternoon, we dyed Easter eggs and he had so much fun. When we were all done, he was covered in dye up to his elbows, but he loved the dyeing of the eggs this year. He was so tired from all of the activity that he conked out on the couch at 4pm yesterday.

And last night, he said to me, "Momma I think the Easter bunny will leave me something at the bottom of my bed to let me know that he came like Santa did". For Christmas, we told him that Santa would leave him a candy cane at the end of his bed to let him know in the morning that he had come, so I had to think of something fast when he said that about the Easter bunny. So, I told him that the Easter bunny would leave him an egg with a piece of chocolate in it. I woke him up at 7am and he jumped up flipped over his covers and found his Easter egg this morning and immediately opened it and devoured the chocolate. He said he didn't need to ask me since the Easter bunny left it for him. And he said he found it in the middle of the night and put it under his blanket for the morning.

Then this morning we had brunch and my parents and Joan and cousin Dee came over for an Easter egg hunt. He really enjoyed this and has been hiding eggs all over the house the rest of the day for people to find. Or asking us to hide them for him to find. We had Easter dinner here with everyone and it was a really nice time but I am so glad it is all over. I tell ya it's hard being pregnant and cooking for so many people. Jim did the lamb but I did all of the other fixings and I am POOPED! Not to mention I have another paper I have due tomorrow and I have NO energy to do it, so I will blow it off until tomorrow. Oh well! But hey only two weeks left!

Anyway here's some pics from the weekend:

On Easter egg hunt with Mom-mom's purse

Dyeing eggs yesterday

Ok I know this is totally ridiculous, but Jim went so OVERBOARD with Easter presents for Aedan this year. I think because they are doing more things together that he got him a lot of stuff they both can play with it and he is feeling like with the new baby coming he won't be able to give as much.

Looking for Easter eggs

Catching the bubbles with his new bubble machine

Old 04-16-06, 06:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Honey take a load off...I got tired just reading your post! Those pix of Aedan are wonderful, I love him chasing the bubbles! Glad you had a good weekend, I am SOOO hungry right now, wish you hadn't mentioned lamb

Old 04-16-06, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

excellent day ! Man Jim sure did go crazy huh What a daddy ! I hope you find time for some r&r tonight. Glad he had such a nice time and by the way he is one restrained boy to not open and eat that egg last night...lauren definitley would hav e eaten it

Old 04-16-06, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I love the bunny picture!!! And Aedan looks like he had a blast with everything, especially the bubbles. And man, I can't believe all those presents. I swear that's more than Brendan got for Christmas. All he got today was candy, lol.

Old 04-16-06, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

He was in bed asleep by 7:15 tonight! When we took Nana home at 5 tonight, he fell asleep for like 1 minute and Jim and I both started (at the same time) yelling, wake up, wake up! We knew if he tooka nap that late in the day forget it, we'd be awake until 9pm with him. I was at least able to do scome schoolwork and now I can relax and watch Sopranos and Big Love. Unless I pass out first!

Latest Articles
What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

Throw The Perfect Toddler Halloween Party
Want to have fun this Halloween with your Toddler? Throw a party! Here are some tips for throwing the perfect toddler Halloween party.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools