Baby Corner

Old 07-29-06, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default He was so sweet

Before bed tonight Brendan told me I should go to bed at 10:00. Then he told me that when he grows up that he's going to go to bed at 10:00 like me, that he's going to watch TV and play on the computer at night like me (nice to see what he thinks I do all the time when he's asleep, lol), that he's going to go to work in Manhattan like me, and get off the train at Houston St. like me, etc. I just thought this was so sweet.

And the last two nights we've had much better bedtimes. For a few months at bedtime he's started in with me ever night that he wants me to stay with him, that he misses me when I leave him at night, that he doesn't want me to leave him. I would lay down with him at night if he'd actually go to sleep with me there, but he just plays. But the last two nights he's put himself to bed. Seriously, he won't even let me in the room. He turns on his air conditioner and his humidifier, pulls the blanket down that I put to cover his window (the blinds don't keep the light out well enough) and climbs into bed with his blankie and stuffies. I miss the hugs and cuddling before bed but it has meant two nights of his not making me feel so bad about leaving him.

Old 07-30-06, 03:18 AM
Mom & Grandma.

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Awwe what a sweetie. I'm so glad bedtime has been going so well lately but I hear ya on the missing the hugs and cuddling. They are growing up way too fast.

Old 07-30-06, 09:15 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

awe he is just sooo sweet. and what a big boy about getting himself ready for bed. I just started last night with having her help me set up the noise machines and putting the fans on in their rooms to help her get ready knowing its time for bed

Old 07-30-06, 09:42 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It is so sweet he wants to be like mum, right down to taking the same train! It is sad when they don't want to cuddle though, I know Spencer has done it to me before and it breaks my heart, but I do it because it is all part of growing up I can still mope about it though

Old 07-30-06, 10:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is so sweet. Micah still loves to be right under me so the cuddles are still in full swing... lol
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools