Baby Corner

Old 10-20-07, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy I feel awful

Jocelyn's 2nd birthday is Tuesday and her party was scheduled for next Friday night. Today I had to call and cancel the party, and then get ahold of everyone we invited to let them know. I just feel so awful and embarrassed right now. The reason we had to cancel is because unlike some people who are really lucky, we really do just scrape by when we're living on only one income. I planned the party thinking we'd be okay by the time it rolled around, but then we had several large bills hit all the same time and we simply can't afford to pay them all and have the party. Obviously we couldn't not pay the bills, so the party had to be cut. I've been bawling all day, and maybe that's stupid because this is a fairly trivial thing in the grand scheme of life, but I just feel so bad. It's not fair that Joey's always had a party and been able to get together with her friends on her birthdays and now Jocelyn doesn't. We don't even have the extra money to buy Joc a present. How lame is that?!

Anyhow, I just needed to vent for a moment. Sorry to be such a downer.

Old 10-20-07, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Old 10-20-07, 10:38 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I know you can't help but feel bad, but Joc is still very little and probably won't miss any of it.

Old 10-20-07, 11:57 PM
Community Member & Momma

Thanked 7 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Don't feel bad. First of all, she's so lucky to have a mom like you. Maybe you guys can go to the park to play and just be together as a family on her birthday. As long as you guys are together, she will have a WONDERFUL birthday!

Old 10-21-07, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Dont feel bad Rebekah..she knows how much you guys love her. Plus....you can still celebrate her Birthday with her! You can make some cute decorations to put up, make a cake/yummy dessert just as a family....you could even still have close family/friends and make it a potluck birthday/get together. Either way, she wont know the difference...you really dont need to feel bad.

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools