Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age i'm horrible, horrible, horrible!!

i'm horrible, horrible, horrible!!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-23-06, 11:00 AM
Community Member

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%
Unhappy i'm horrible, horrible, horrible!!

i dropped ava AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! (i dont even know if i told you about the first time a few months ago - she was on my lap and i was on the couch and she was facing me and she was stable sitting there so i was dialing the phone with one hand and holding her with the other but then she flung herself back and i couldn't stop her from falling to the ground...) welll this time - i was sitting on my bed and she was facing me on my lap. emily was playing on my bed like it was a trampoline and brad was here playing with her. i was talking to emily and then i let ava lean back and look at daddy upside down. she was enjoying the view when all of a sudden she lifts up her feet so eat them and flies back because her weight was all of a sudden not where i was supporting it!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried to grab her as she fell but she landed on her head and i struggled frantically not to let her whole body hit the ground but it was awkward trying to grab her and hang onto her as she fell so she slipped form my hands and landed and was quite upset... she cried and wanted daddy for a minute and then wanted me again and then wanted daddy and then me and then daddy lol and she was crying for a while. i ended up nursing her eventually and she had a reallllyl long nap...poor baby!!

Old 05-23-06, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

Poor Ava, and poor mom...that must be awful when something like that happens. I am sure that all our babies will get there fair share of bumps and bruises along the way of growing up. Don't be too hard on yourself for what happened. How is she feeling today?

Old 05-23-06, 11:59 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 4781.67%

Char fell off the bed several weeks ago. It happens. I know it sucks to feel so bad about it, but worse things have happened.

Old 05-23-06, 12:26 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

The good news: she won't even remember it today. Try not to be so hard on yourself, babies get hurt all the time, it's unavoidable.

Old 05-23-06, 09:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

thanks, ladies. she seems fine today and has no bruises or anything. she has been falling back when sitting on the floor a lot lately, so her getting hurt is a daily occurance, but it is the worst feeling to know that it's your fault that your baby got hurt!

Latest Articles
Winter Babies Crawl Sooner
Does the season affect when your baby will start to crawl? According to this study, winter babies crawl sooner than summer babies.

Kate Middleton Pregnant: Second Royal Baby on the Way
The rumors are true! Kate Middleton and Prince William are expecting their second baby. Get the details inside.

What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

Does Your Baby Need Probiotic Formula?
Probiotics are naturally present in your baby's stomach, but some formulas have probiotics added to it. Doe you baby really need probiotic add to his/her baby formula?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools