Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Imaginations and Role Playing

Imaginations and Role Playing

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-25-06, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink Imaginations and Role Playing

My post about Dr Kristopher got me thinking as to how much he actually use's his imagination.

He has a wonderful imagination and is sooooooooooooooo into role playing its awesome to watch because he becomes sooooooooo absorbed in it. He will be anything from a mommy to a baby to a firefighter or a cop, he even pretends to be charachters from TV Stanley is his fav closely followed by little einstiens and the back yardigans.

Kaelyn will play along too but only if its on her terms and if she is in the mood or she just spoils it for him she is such a little bossy booty its not funny.

Whats your little ones using their imaginations to do???

Old 04-25-06, 11:22 AM
is Uber Busy...
Kaleb's Mom

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Kaleb likes to pretend that he is a drag car! No kidding. He revs up and then revs up some more and then he takes off and then he does the whole crash thing and all. It is hysterical. I also makes all the noises for planes, trains, helicopters, cars, trucks, firetrucks (this one is his favorite), police cars, ambulances, etc. He is so funny.

Old 04-25-06, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I love their little imaginations.

Kayleigh is always playing with two things and has conversations between them. She lately thinks she is a baseball player. At the sitters she plays with the boys and she throws the ball up in the air and actually makes contact with the bat. Yesterday we were in Target and I picked her up a pink and orange Hello Kitty Bat and Ball (it's soft) and she is thrilled.

I think I've mentioned her backpack thing right? She pretends she has a backpack on her back and if she or you need something she'll say "here I have that in my backpack". Well lately she has been saying Nanu a lot when she is playing so I was telling my SIL yesterdayon the phone that I think Kayleigh has an imaginary friend named Nanu and Kayleigh fell to the ground laughing her head off and said "you're just joking Mom". So I have no clue what Nanu means.

Old 04-25-06, 11:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Aiden does it very dramatic also Michele. Very detail oriented. If he can't find a prop to go along with his current role, he pretends something else is what he was looking for.

One thing that comes to mind is how he pretened at the doctor's office that the floor below the exam table was infested with sharks. I'll be dang if he doesn't fall right into that role playing every single time we are there.

He has also started making up storied...no, not lies but real stories. This morning on the way to day care he told me the story about the red, orange and blue dragons. It was quite interesting.

Old 04-25-06, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery
I love their little imaginations.

Kayleigh is always playing with two things and has conversations between them. She lately thinks she is a baseball player. At the sitters she plays with the boys and she throws the ball up in the air and actually makes contact with the bat. Yesterday we were in Target and I picked her up a pink and orange Hello Kitty Bat and Ball (it's soft) and she is thrilled.

I think I've mentioned her backpack thing right? She pretends she has a backpack on her back and if she or you need something she'll say "here I have that in my backpack". Well lately she has been saying Nanu a lot when she is playing so I was telling my SIL yesterdayon the phone that I think Kayleigh has an imaginary friend named Nanu and Kayleigh fell to the ground laughing her head off and said "you're just joking Mom". So I have no clue what Nanu means.
ROTFL She is so funny AM I bet Kristopher wishes Kaelyn was an imaginary friend then he wouldnt have to put up with her little bossy butt

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools