Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Imaginations and Role Playing

Imaginations and Role Playing

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-25-06, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Michele he could have learned about the boogey man from school. It is amazing the things they learn from other kids.

Kayleigh talks about Monsters all the time, but I assumed it was from Monsters Inc. She isn't totally afraid she'll just mention they are in the closet or in a room she doesn't want to go into it is a good stall tactic for her.

A funny story about my niece. When she was little probably our kids age and was soooo afraid of Monsters and they had to do a whole routine at night to check and get rid of Monsters. So they finally got her thinking there were no such thing as Monsters and they went to see Arthur (the rabbit) at a show in San Jose and my brother said the first scene they talked about Monsters. He said my niece stood up put her hands on her hips and yelled "See Daddy I told you there were Monsters". He said months and months of hard work went out the window at a kids show.

Old 04-25-06, 03:20 PM
North Carolina

Thanked 8 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

how cute!
Ryland likes to pretend his trains are acting out Thomas stories a lot, its so sweet.
We have had the monster issue in our house too, (thanks to big brother) Ryland always asks if the sewer yes sewer monster or slime monster is in his room, I always have to comfort him and tell him they aren't real.
They do pick up a ton of things at school, when Parker started pre school we were shocked with the things he came up with.

Old 04-25-06, 05:07 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

These kids!

Andrew is big-time into make-believe and substitution.
He is non-stop talking and he makes all sorts of stories up. Mostly about pirates and treasure and skeletons and dying and falling in to black cauldrons, and flying with dragons.
He's also remarkably strange compared to Sarah. Sarah would have a hissy fit if you ad-libbed from what she knew the answers were. She hated nicknames because of that, and she would get upset if you called the sky red instead of blue. That sort of thing.
Andrew thinks its hillarious and he never says something right.
He'll sing songs but instead of singing Twinkle twinkle little star, he'll sing "dinkle dinkle , diddle, dar" and think it's hillarious

Old 04-25-06, 05:38 PM
Dance in the rain....

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That is so cute Michele.

Garrett does the exact same thing as Kaleb. He revs and runs around the house squealing his breaks

That is so cute about Kayleigh

Old 04-26-06, 05:24 PM
My Littlest Elf!

Thanked 7 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Erin does all kinds of role playing...from going to the grocery store and taking me to daycare to pretending to be the big bad wolf (from Little Red Riding Hood). She cracks me right up.

Gosh, maybe they won't be doctors and nurses but perform on broadway instead.

And the Award goes too....

Oh---I forgot to add---Erin talks non-stop too AND she doesn't forget much. She still tells people about the time she saw a lady bug at her uncle Kevin's house and then she threw up juice (that was at Thanksgiving---in October!). Random thoughts by Erin...

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools