Baby Corner

Old 10-29-07, 08:33 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.03%
Default Morning!

Weekend updates ladies?!?!?!?!?!

Old 10-29-07, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

great weekend here-- Saturday we woke up to pouring rain- but totally hung out all day... the kids slept until 8am too

it cleared up around 1pm- so we headed down to Philly and played tourist- went to reading terminal market and got REAL cheesesteaks! C loved it- B wouldnt try it... got fresh fruit and bakery items there-- it's a cool place. Then we walked around the consitution center, saw the liberty bell and enjoyed the day-- it actually got sunny and comfortable....

Sunday we had 2 bday parties- a halloween brunch for my nephew and a party at a go-cart place for a neighbor-- DH took the boys to the second one and I spent 2 hours organizing-- put my disney pics in an album, cleane dup the storage room, cleaned out the toy closet in the basement (in preparation for christmas!).... paid bills, sent halloween cards... i was on a roll

Old 10-29-07, 09:01 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 83.81%

Wow you did have a productive day on Sunday.

Our weekend was a Honestly I don't remember much at all other than cleaning, cooking, cleaning, cooking, party, cleaning.

I think our guest count was around 79 at the end of the night. Last guest left at 1 AM. Party started at 6 PM. KIDS everywhere I don't have the pictures uploaded yet but you'll get the idea when you see the amount of kids playing. One of my neighbors actually was cracking up saying HOLY SH*& are all these toys yours? It was just outside toys too nothing inside. And Brent went upstairs to go to bed and had a heart attack that the playroom was destroyed.

Anyway great party - long and very tiring but we had a good time. Sunday was just recovering and cleaning up everything.

Old 10-29-07, 09:39 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

My kids were sick! Low-grade fever for Sophie by Saturday afternoon, and then they both woke up with a fever on Sunday. Still, we went out to dinner Friday night, dance class Sat morning, stopped by the store, and then went to a horse show and pumpkin carving party on Sat.

The party was really what pushed us over the edge. Sophie and Gabe were the only kids other than the 5 month old belonging to the party hosts. And the pumpkin carving was really fancy adult carving, so I didn't even try to get involved in that. Their house isn't really kid proof and they had all kinds of things out like BASKETS of candy everywhere, snacks, candles, glassware and knives, that I had to monitor. I mean it was fun, but exhausting. And after an hour or so, I found Sophie inside shivering on the couch, soaking wet socks from playing with the dog outside on the cold, wet, lawn and no coat. I took her right home and she had a 101 degree temperature.

We lay low that night - got into cozy jammies, skipped bath, and snuggled on the couch. And then on Sunday, Gabe had a fever too, so I got them Tylenol'ed up and went and did some quick medicine and grocery shopping and then we spent the rest of the day at home - cooking, napping, and watching TV. It was actually kind of nice - normally I get VERY antsy sitting at home like that, but I think I might be a little under the weather too.

THANKFULLY, the kids were well enough to go to daycare this morning. I have a lump in my throat, so I know that we all have sore throats and colds coming on, but I need to prep for my classes tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it done before I get a call from daycare!

smk

Old 10-29-07, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

hope the kids are feeling much, much better-- sickies stay away!

Latest Articles
28 Baby Products That Save Time & Make Your Life Easier
After baby arrives, your time will be precious. Here are some of our favorite time savings baby products that are must haves for any Mom. Includes Editor's picks, and favorites from Moms and Dads to help make your life easier.

Babies Understand More Language Than We Think
A new study from the University of Washington shows that babies learn language much sooner than we thought. Learn why it's important to read and talk to your baby early, and often.

Star Pregnancy and Birth Announcements Summer 2014
See the pregnancy and birth announcements for summer of 2014 including Kristen Bell, Jimmy Kimmel, Eva Mendes and more!

Am I Pregnant or is this PMS?
Sometimes it's hard to tell if you're pregnant, or if your period is just coming late this month. Use this guide to help you tell the difference.

The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools