Baby Corner

Old 01-06-05, 11:48 PM
luv my boys!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default my doctor scared me today O/T

I went to the dr today b-c I have a terrible sore throat, I told him about some stiffness I have been having in both hands, (it's really bad in the mornings) well he said he wanted to run some blood test to make sure I dont have anything more serious going on, so he tested me for lupus, arthritis, & hepatits c!! Well I almost fell off the exam table! Why does he think I have hep C b-c my hands are stiff? Now I have to wait 5 days before the labs come back! I will worry my butt off until i know! I don't see how I would have hep c! I just thought it was early arthritis symptoms? Now I am sorry I even mentioned it!

Old 01-07-05, 09:10 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Truthfully.. The stiff hands sounds like a mild case of carpal tunnel. I had the worst case while pg. My hands would be stiff or asleep when I woke in the morning. The hardest thing to do was brush my teeth.

I hope you tests come back OK and it's nothing too bad.

Old 01-07-05, 09:49 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I'm sure he was just doing this as a precaution it's better to have the test done and be negative than not catch something early.

I agree Carpel Tunnel is the pits and I hope that you find your issue is just something minor.

Old 01-07-05, 06:35 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I have an autoimmune disease and know exactly the fears you must be having. They ran all those tests on me as well and they are more to rule things out than to diagnose. Also some diseases will make other tests results false positive.

I don't know if that makes sense, but your doc is just being thorough. When I had my symptoms they tested me for AIDS, Syphalis, you name it just to rule everything out and make an informed diagnosis.

Hopefully they all come back negative. Try not to panic. Since those diseases strike so many young woman it is really good that your doctor is checking. Early intervention and diagnosis can really make a big difference. Sadly so many with mild cases of such diseases go undiagnosed and unheard by their physicians and suffer needlessly.

Sorry to rant....I obviously feel pretty strongly on the issue. Even if anything comes back positive don't panic....there are many borderline results with these tests and to be honest people can have full blown Lupus, etc...and not test positive by blood work standards. Most of these diseases are diagnosed by symptoms in conjunction with lab work and testing. The fact that it is occuring mainly in the morning set off red flags to your doctor that it might be some sort of inflammatory arthritis condition. Sounds like you have a good doctor.

Best of luck to you and I hope you are feeling better soon. I totally hope that once your throat clears up your stiffness does as well.

Old 01-07-05, 10:08 PM
luv my boys!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience
I have an autoimmune disease and know exactly the fears you must be having. They ran all those tests on me as well and they are more to rule things out than to diagnose. Also some diseases will make other tests results false positive.

I don't know if that makes sense, but your doc is just being thorough. When I had my symptoms they tested me for AIDS, Syphalis, you name it just to rule everything out and make an informed diagnosis.

Hopefully they all come back negative. Try not to panic. Since those diseases strike so many young woman it is really good that your doctor is checking. Early intervention and diagnosis can really make a big difference. Sadly so many with mild cases of such diseases go undiagnosed and unheard by their physicians and suffer needlessly.

Sorry to rant....I obviously feel pretty strongly on the issue. Even if anything comes back positive don't panic....there are many borderline results with these tests and to be honest people can have full blown Lupus, etc...and not test positive by blood work standards. Most of these diseases are diagnosed by symptoms in conjunction with lab work and testing. The fact that it is occuring mainly in the morning set off red flags to your doctor that it might be some sort of inflammatory arthritis condition. Sounds like you have a good doctor.

Best of luck to you and I hope you are feeling better soon. I totally hope that once your throat clears up your stiffness does as well.
thanks, I really do have an awesome doctor!! I watied in the waiting room 2 hrs to see him! I was tested in 02 for autoimmuine disease, I had tearing in my right eye which turned into uveitis, then glacoma, then they found a blood cot, this all happen after my misscarriage, so I guess he wants to make sure nothing is going on, What sort of problems do you have with your AI disease? Does it affect your eyes? I hope you're ok! I thought for a while I would lose my left eye, while taking glacoma drops I got preg for Jake! It's really scary, thanks for listening
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools