Baby Corner

Old 05-04-11, 09:16 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 101.25%
Default Poor Spot

our dog was bitten by what we think was a Copperhead yesterday. NO one saw him get bitten but Randy and the boys went to give him food and water while I was at dance with Brooke and his face was swollen. Thankfully our neighbor has numerous animals (horses, donkey's , goats, alpaca's, dogs, chickens, ducks you name it! ) and Randy called him. I drove up just as he and Randy were giving Spot a steriod shot that he keeps for his animals. The Vet comes to his house for his animals and gives him these shots for backup.

In fact our neighbor was bitten by a Copperhead 3 years ago himself. He went to the ER and they gave him the same shot and charged him $500. His Vet told him that he should have just took the horses shot.

So poor doggy. He is swollen in his jaws but not his tongue, throat or anything. He is eating and drinking and it'll just take time. There is no Anti venom for Copperheads is what we were told.

Old 05-04-11, 09:47 AM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 38.75%

Poor puppy! Hope he recovers quickly.

Old 05-04-11, 12:37 PM
is looking forward to a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!
VIP Member

Thanked 338 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I saw this on FB last night...how I'm glad he's ok and that's a good neighbor to have. I HATE snakes...which is why we will never be neighbors I freak at a Gardner snake...

Old 05-04-11, 06:01 PM
is loving my new job!
Kaitlyn & Nicole's Mommy

Thanked 415 Times
Level: 5
Weekly Activity 1201.25%

Oh no! Glad hes okay.

Old 05-05-11, 08:20 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Mel I'm so with you on the whole snake thing. The poor dog thank goodness you have a good neighbor though. I freaked when I saw this on FB also

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools