Baby Corner

Old 05-17-06, 12:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh ladies I did not think you were being mean at all. You are stating your opinion which is what I wanted you to do. The great thing about these boards is you can get different opinions on things. I think that's great!

We made a decision rather easily last night. I did a little research and found out the incubation period (from exposure to when symptoms appear) is 10-20 days. We are going on vacation in about three weeks. I do not want Rosie sick when we are on vacation. So we are not going to intentionally expose her. Next time the opportunity presents itself we will decide then.

I know this has been a big topic on unplugged lately. There's so much info out there for and against vaccination. It's overwhelming.

Old 05-17-06, 01:35 PM
Praying for Luke

Thanked 34 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I think you made a good decision!!!

Old 05-17-06, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
However, I did get them again, a much more severe case in 1st grade. I know everyone is going to think I'm nuts because you only get the chicken pox once but honestly, I had them twice.
Not nuts! The same exact thing happened to me. I had them at about 2 years old, mild case then when I was in kindergarten I got them BAD! I had them in my mouth, up my nose, in my ears, in and all around my hoo-hoo. It was terrible. I can remember just laying on the floor naked, crying, covered in calamine lotion. Not fun for a 5 year old! Makes me shudder thinking about it now!

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools