Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
Share all your recipes here!

Share all your recipes here!

Reply Post New Topic

• mesbijoux mesbijoux's Avatar 03-06-08 | 05:44 PM
  • Yesterday while I was at Super Target with R & E we came across all kinds of Spring recipes. Rachel literally squealed with delight when she saw this recipe that we made today. It took us less than 10 mins to whip up - the *filling* was off the charts

Angel Lush with Pineapple

1 can (20 oz.) Crushed Pineapple, undrained
    1 pkg. (3 oz) JELL-O Vanilla Instant
    Pudding & Pie Filling (we used coconut creme pudding instead)
    1 container thawed COOL WHIP (we used a large container of *lite* )
    1 pkg. (10 oz.) prepared round angel food cake
    Seasonal Berries*We added 2 C of shredded coconut to the mix b/c we're fans and well...pineapple and coconut are meant to be together

[LIST][*]Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Let stand 5 minutes.[*]Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate.[*]Spread 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture onto cake layer; cover with middle cake layer. Spread 1 cup pudding mixture onto middle cake layer; top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with your favorite seasonal berries (I had R fill the entire center with fruit so that it not only looked nicer but would allow everyone to have more fruit w/ dessert).[/LIST]

I know some of you are not coconut fans (Kristi ). I'm guessing it would be yummy going by just the recipe alone and not by adding the things we did. Btw, R was able to do most of this by herself with some supervision. Really the only thing I did was cut the cake into layers and open the can of pineapple
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 03-22-08 | 10:38 AM
  • Yummy! I love trying new recipes!! Thanks Lisa!!
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 04-03-08 | 12:18 PM
  • Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
    1 lb Italian sausage (bulk or remove casing)
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cloves mince garlic
    5 cups beef broth
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup dry red wine
    2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes ( I used canned)
    1 cup sliced carrots
    1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
    1/2 tsp basil
    3/4 teaspoon oregano
    3 tablespoons chopped celery
    1 medium green bell pepper chopped
    2 cups fresh or frozen tortellini

brown sausage in saucepan, stirring until crumbly; drain and set aside. Saute onion and garlic in a large non stick pan until tender. Add beef broth, water, wine , tomatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, basil, oregano and sausage. Simmer covered for 30 minutes, skim surface. Stir in parsley, green pepper and tortellini. Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with parmesan cheese.

I never tried this in the crockpot but I think I'm going to next week.
  • kareybear kareybear's Avatar 04-08-08 | 05:04 PM
  • These are so yummy. I make a cream cheese frosting instead of the chocolate glaze. and I leave the chunks of ginger in the applesauce.

Chocolate Applesauce Cakes

Applesauce
    2 cups peeled and diced apple, preferably Granny Smith
    3 tbsp sugar
    1/2 tbsp butter
    1 inch peeled and sliced fresh ginger

Cakes
    1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 3/4 cup sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 1/3 cups applesauce (as prepared above)
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    8 oz bittersweet chocolate chunks

Glaze

* 3/4 cup whipping cream
    * 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
    * 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
    * 18 x hazelnuts, toasted and peeled

To Assemble

1. For applesauce, simmer diced apple, sugar, butter and ginger until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove ginger, purée and chill.
    2. For cakes, preheat oven to 325 °F. Grease and sugar 6 1½ -cup brioche tins or 12 muffin cups. Beat butter, oil and sugar with electric beaters until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk buttermilk and applesauce together. Add flour to butter mixture, alternating with applesauce, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spoon batter into prepared tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cakes spring back when pressed. Allow cakes to cool in the pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
    3. For glaze, heat cream to just below a simmer and pour over chopped chocolate. Let sit for one minute then stir to smooth out. Stir in butter to melt in and thicken glaze. Pour over top of cakes and let drip deliciously down the sides. Top each cake with 3 hazelnuts.
    4. Serve cakes at room temperature and store in an airtight container.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work