Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Share all your recipes here!

Share all your recipes here!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-27-04, 09:30 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.9%

Chewy Bread Sticks

1 Tbsp dry yeast
1 ½ cups warm water
1 tsp malt milk powder (Carnation)
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
3 ½ - 4 ½ cups flour

Dissolve yeast in medium bowl in warm water. Stir in malt powder, honey and salt. Add flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Knead lightly on floured board, adding a little more flour till it is easy to handle. Divide into 16-24 pieces. Roll out into sticks. Grease cookie sheet, brush top of sticks with melted butter, and sprinkle with any topping (seasoned salt or Salad Supreme are great). Let raise for 15 minutes and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

Laura’s notes:

This is my moms recipe for bread sticks. I was raised on them. My mom used to make teething sticks with them by making the sticks half as big and not buttering or seasoning them. She would let them sit out on a rack for a few days till they were very dry.

Old 04-27-04, 09:32 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

February

4 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
2 cups cold milk
2 pkgs (4-serving size) Jell-O chocolate flavor instant pudding

Mix cream cheese, 1 Tbsp milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in 1 ½ cup Cool Whip. Spread onto bottom of chocolate graham cracker crust. Pour 2 cups milk into bowl (I use the same bowl, less dishes that way!). Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk until will mixed and it starts to get thick. Immediately stir in remaining Cool Whip. Spread over cream cheese layer

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set

Makes 1 large or 2 medium height pies.

Laura's notes:

I got this from a Jello of the month calendar in college. Everyone loved February and asked me to make it over and over again!

Old 04-27-04, 09:35 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

This takes a bit of time, but is soooo worth it! Its wonderful with the breadsticks or calzones!
Marinara Sauce

1 cup chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 28-oz can tomatoes, cut up
½ of a 6-oz can tomato paste (1/3 cup) (sometimes I use a can of tomato sauce and cook it longer)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp salt

Cook onion, carrot, and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste (or sauce), sugar, oregano, salt, and dash pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 30 minutes or to desired consistency

Laura

Old 04-27-04, 09:51 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

This is sooo good, even my picky DH liked it!

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 can cream of mushroom soup (I use cream of chicken)
1 ½ cups mild
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground red pepper (I use white or black pepper)
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 egg
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups diced cooked chicken
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Reserve 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese for top layer. In medium bowl, combine soup, milk, nutmeg and pepper; set aside

In another medium bowl, combine spinach, egg and ricotta; mix well.

In bottom of 13 by 9 inch baking dish, spread ½ cup of soup mixture. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles on mixture. Top with 1/3 of remaining soup mixture, ½ of spinach mixture, ½ of remaining mozzarella and ½ of the chicken. Repeat layers ending with remaining noodles, soup mixture, reserved 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese

Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until how and bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes before serving
Makes 8 servings

Laura

Old 04-27-04, 11:06 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 97.14%

This is my very favorite recipe!!!!

Preheat oven to off.
Place family in car.
Drive to favorite restaurant.
Let each member of the family order their favorite dinner.
Return home to a clean kitchen.

O.K. Now to be serious, I will try to find a good one to post.

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools