Baby Corner

Old 04-28-04, 11:27 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Here's a recipe I made up the other night and it was a HUGE hit! I had few ingredients in the house but wanted something other than stupid burgers...again! So I created something for which I don't really have a name, but it was delicious, if I do say so myself! I don't usually measure with instruments. I use my hands as measuring cups and spoons, so I'm estimating the amounts.

I made glazed carrots alongside this recipe (in the steamer) and while I imagined that combo being strange, it was strangely good!

Creamy Beefy Noodle...Stuff
1 lb. ground beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C. (or so) milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. parsely (small palm size)
3/4 C. grated parmesan cheese (3-4 good handfuls)
12 oz. egg noodles (I used the thick, old-fashioned kind...not "No Yolks" like I usually do)

While egg noodles are cooking, brown ground beef and drain. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and heat through. Drain the noodles and stir into beef mixture.

Glazed Carrots
8-10 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2"-2" strips OR small bag of peeled baby carrots
2-3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2-3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1 pack of dry ranch dressing mix

Cook the carrots however you like (I steamed mine while the other stuff was cooking, but they can be boiled if you'd prefer.) In a microwave-safe bowl with a lid (I used a large Tupperware bowl), melt butter. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in ranch dressing mix and add carrots. With the lid tightly secured, shake the bowl until all carrots are well coated.

Old 04-28-04, 11:33 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

These are great for pot-lucks, family dinners, or parties. I put it on in the morning and it's ready to go by the time we need it. It's SO easy and yummy!

Cheesy Potatoes
2 (16 oz) bags of hash browns (the square kind, not shredded)
2 blocks of cream cheese
2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (16 oz.) bags of shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients in the crock pot on cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.

**Around Christmas time, I add diced red & green peppers to create a little extra color!

Old 05-05-04, 03:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I made stir fry tonight. I guess everyone has tried this, but when I am coming to the end of the week, I always go through the cupboards and fridge to see how I can use anything left. I will call this recipe "Anything Stir Fry", because I have literally put anything in it. Tonight it was chicken.

Cubed up some frozen chicken breasts that were not enough to make another meal out of.

Fried in pan/wok with onion, pepper that was going wrinkly in fridge and some mushrooms that were starting to look a bit sad. Add garlic and/or chilli/ginger. (have also used frozen peas/corn/beans, broccoli, tomatoes..... spring onions, zucchini (we call them courgettes I think) the options are endless).

Boil up some noodles (any sort you have lying around is fine. Tonight we had medium egg noodles)

Drain well.

Chuck in wok for a bit

Splash on oyster or soy sauce.

Tada!

So really, not so much of a recipe as a "chuck in anything you have left".

Old 05-07-04, 03:02 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bacon Potato Chowder (a household fabourite around here)
2c diced raw potatoes
1/2c milk
1 can mushroom soup (Just for you Deanna )
1c water
1c sour cream (optional - makes it more creamy)
8 slices diced bacon
1 diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in medium saucepan. Add onions. Drain fat. Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in soup, sour cream and milk. Heat through and serve!

Simply fabulous in the winter---guess I should fine some summer salad recipes instead!

Old 05-07-04, 03:07 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Tomato, Onion & Cucumber Salad
5 vipe ripe tomatoes (any really ripe tomatoes will do I guess) - seeded and diced
1/4 diced red onion
1 english cucmber chopped
generous drizzle of olive oil
2 splashes of red wine vinegar
coarse salt and pepper

Combine tomatoes, onion and cucmber in large bowl - add olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Let stand for at least 20-30 minutes. Re-toss and serve.

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools