Baby Corner

Old 09-20-04, 08:44 PM
emily & ava's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

i just tried this really awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe today and everyone loved it! thought i would share with you ladies!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Old 09-25-04, 09:53 PM
emily & ava's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i found a new recipe that emily and i had tonite and both loved!! hopefully you girls, and yer children, will like it also! to make it even better, i got it from a "healthy family cookbook" that a family friend gave to me...

Tuna Noodle Casserole

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. egg noodles
1 tbsp veg. oil
1 celery stalk
1 small carrot, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper or more to taste
1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cans (6oz) tuna, drained
1/4 grated cheddar cheese

----------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
1. put large pot of water to boil. cook the egg noodles according to package directions. drain in a colander. rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. in the same pot, heat the veg. oil, saute the veggies and pepper for 3-5 mins. until crunchy. romvoe from the heat.
3. return noodles to the pot with the veggies. add the cream of much. soup and the milk. stir. add the tuna and gently mix the ingredients together.
4. pour the mixture into a medium sized baking dish which has been lightly greased.
5. sprinkle grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top. bake for 1/2 hr. or until heated through.

Old 11-10-04, 10:31 PM
emily & ava's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

ladies...i just tried this new recipe and we loved it! (i have had the inside out chicken pot pie and i love how easy it is!)

Beefaroni
INGREDIENTS:

1 pound ground beef

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (*i just used spaghetti sauce!*)

2 tablespoons butter

1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni (*i used egg noodles*)

salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until evenly browned. Drain.
  3. While the ground beef is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and stir in butter. Transfer to a large casserole dish, and mix in the ground beef, tomato sauce, and Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top.
  4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through and bubbly.

Old 11-14-04, 06:27 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Here is a fantastic one we had tonight:

Cabbage roll casserole
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 diced onion
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2c tomato sauce (I make ours homemade from canned tomatoes, garlic, onion & olive oil)
1/2c V8 juice
1/2c brown rice
3 cups chopped cabbage
onion powder & garlic powder to taste
salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef. Add onion, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and cook until golden. Drain excess fat. Stir in cabbage, tomato sauce, V8 juice and rice. Place in a casserole dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350F (until cabbage is tender and sauce is fairly well absorbed).

Old 11-20-04, 11:44 PM
emily & ava's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

simple beef stroganoff

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • salt and pepper to taste.
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Prepare the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
  2. In a separate large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture with the egg noodles. Add the sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools