Baby Corner

Old 04-28-06, 09:48 PM
Our Miracle Baby Makayla

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Spending a whole day

Away from Makayla. I am feeling sick about it. We are leaving at 11 am and I won't see until she wakes up Sunday. I have NEVER been this long away from her. My mom is looking after her so we can see Cirque Du Soleil tommorrow. We are going with dh's work. It is an afternoon show than shopping, dinner and than home. We won't be home until midnight so she will be in bed by the time we get home. Dh's work is paying for the whole thing so we couldn't pass it up. I hate not seeing her and I hate not knowing what she is doing but my mom is the only person I will leave Makayla with. I hope I can have fun and not think about Makayla the whole time but I probably will have Makayla on my mind and be calling my mom throughout the whole day.

I am starting to feel like a nervous wreck. OMG I am going to be a billion times worse when she goes to school. I guess I will be volunteering alot

Old 04-28-06, 11:52 PM
Mom to 3 (7,5,3)

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It will be ok! It is so great that you have your mom to watch her, that should ease your worry.

I remember when I first left Ethan (my oldest) I was a nervous wreck. I kept calling, and he was perfectly fine, it was me. lol

You need this time with hubby, so enjoy it! I know easier said than done.

Old 05-04-06, 04:35 PM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I left Kevin when I gave birth to Aiden, and then Aiden when i gave birth to Ash, but Ash has had a few Grandma days so I can do something special with the boys. They needed it, but I am STILL a wreck when we do it!

Old 05-05-06, 05:08 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OMG Heather...I am anxious for you!! The thought of that makes me sick, too. I have only left Shaye one time in 18 months because we had to take a stupid foster care class (I think it was a CPR class). I literally called my MIL about every 1/2 hour and even our Social Worker who was there kept saying, "That baby is fine...." I was a complete basket case, crying, nervous nelly, you name it. I absolutely HATE if I am not with her (and Naia) and sometimes DP will take her for a wagon ride to MIL/FIL's house (they live in our neighborhood) and I am just anxious for DP to return her. I said the same thing about school. I think we're doing Montessori where you *HAVE* to give so many hours. I almost think I need to go get my teaching credentials so I don't have to leave her.

So, how did it go? I saw Cirque once (I used to work for RCA Victor who had all the soundtracks) and was totally impressed!! I never went even when free tickets were offered to us because I didn't think I would like it. In fact, I bet the kids would really dig that show! I was WOW'd big time!!!! I was kicking myself for not going all those years when I had the opportunity! LOL! Did you have fun?

Old 05-05-06, 08:21 PM
Our Miracle Baby Makayla

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Yeah it was pretty hard to leave her and alls we did was talk about her all day. We only bought things for her.

The show was awesome and yes we had fun. DH wouldn't let me call I wanted even when we were an hour on the road. I definately had separation anxiety. You know whats funny is we are going to be the ones with separation anxiety when they go to school because they will probably love it. I know what you mean I can't stand it when I don't know what Makayla is doing. I like to know what she is doing ALL the time

My mom paged us at one time and I just about had a heartattack and she didn't know how to use the tv. I got mad her for that one.

Latest Articles
Vitamin D Deficiency During Pregnancy Linked with Toddler Cavities
Researchers are finding that Vitamin D is important to women especially during pregnancy, and low vitamin d levels during pregnancy is now linked to cavities in toddlers.

New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools