Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age Spooky Princess Party???

Spooky Princess Party???

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-29-07, 10:46 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Spooky Princess Party???

Ideas anyone? I figure I should probably think about this now, since the Halloween stuff will be cleared out soon. Sophie keeps talking about having a spooky princess party (she told me I can come to her Spooky Princess party just this morning because we like the same kind of oatmeal )

Dress up? Decorations? Cake? Games?

I'm just so bad at this....

Old 10-29-07, 10:50 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Did you decide if you ware doing it at home or out somewhere?

If you need to do an activity-- how about have them 'make' spooky tiaras? Cut out thick paper for the 'tiara' or buy premade gold paper ones-- and provide things for the kids to glue or tape on? you can pre-write their names on them in spooky lettering on the front and they can decorate around them

For a game- make up or find on line some spooky bingo- make cards with 'princessey' (is that a word?) words/pictures then have a master list and call out one at a time- kids put a sticker when they have the word/pic and get a prize for whomever fills up the card first

Old 10-29-07, 10:52 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i'd keep the party to an hour and a half too do it at a time when you dont have to provide a 'meal'-- just cake and treats or if you are having parents stay then have a meal that parents can help with...

Old 10-29-07, 10:58 AM
CL & Perpetual Pollyanna

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If you have a Micheal's craft store, check them out. Last time I was there they had foam crowns you could purchase. They could be decorated with paint, other foam pieces, etc... That might make a fun activity.

Rather than pin the tail on the donkey you could pin the crown on the princess, etc...

Old 10-29-07, 10:59 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

Are you doing this soon or will it be in Dec? I think I'd hold off on the spooky theme and steer her toward just a Princess party or something. Take her to a party supply place and let her see all the stuff to choose from.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools