Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age We had a follow-up with the ophthamologist

We had a follow-up with the ophthamologist

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-18-07, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default We had a follow-up with the ophthamologist

For the stye with no end. It hasn't gotten any smaller and it had opened up a couple of weeks ago and was bleeding, with Brendan continually picking at the scab. She cleaned up the eye and actually took the scab off. She said she wants it to drain if possible and if it bleeds, that's okay, just to keep putting the opthalmic bacitracin on it to keep it from getting infected. But she wasn't happy that it hadn't gotten any better. We're going to do intensive compresses and then go back in 3 weeks. She's hoping the compresses will get it to drain, but if not the only other option is to have it surgically taken care of. For an adult she could take care of that in her office, but he'd have to go to the hospital and have general anesthesia. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to put him through that when it's mostly for cosmetic reasons. It is uncomfortable for him but it's not impacting his vision. I really do hope the compresses work.

Old 06-18-07, 08:40 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

thats terrible!
I had to have bacitracin for a long time for stys that just would not quit on my eye for a while

I hope the compresses take care of the problem.

Old 06-18-07, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

poor guy, i hope the compresses do the trick and it clears up. does he sit well for the compresses?

Old 06-19-07, 07:44 AM
is the Proud Mom of Skye and T.J.
VIP Member

Thanked 319 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

oh the poor kiddo. I really hope that the compresses start to help reduce them soon

Old 06-19-07, 02:52 PM
Mom & Grandma.

Thanked 9 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

I hope the compresses do the trick.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools