Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age >
We had a follow-up with the ophthamologist

We had a follow-up with the ophthamologist

Reply Post New Topic

• lauritagoddess lauritagoddess's Avatar 06-18-07 | 08:34 PM
  • For the stye with no end. It hasn't gotten any smaller and it had opened up a couple of weeks ago and was bleeding, with Brendan continually picking at the scab. She cleaned up the eye and actually took the scab off. She said she wants it to drain if possible and if it bleeds, that's okay, just to keep putting the opthalmic bacitracin on it to keep it from getting infected. But she wasn't happy that it hadn't gotten any better. We're going to do intensive compresses and then go back in 3 weeks. She's hoping the compresses will get it to drain, but if not the only other option is to have it surgically taken care of. For an adult she could take care of that in her office, but he'd have to go to the hospital and have general anesthesia. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to put him through that when it's mostly for cosmetic reasons. It is uncomfortable for him but it's not impacting his vision. I really do hope the compresses work.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 06-18-07 | 08:40 PM

• thats terrible!
    I had to have bacitracin for a long time for stys that just would not quit on my eye for a while

I hope the compresses take care of the problem.

• *Lisa* *Lisa*'s Avatar 06-18-07 | 08:44 PM
  • poor guy, i hope the compresses do the trick and it clears up. does he sit well for the compresses?
  • mama2skyetj mama2skyetj's Avatar 06-19-07 | 07:44 AM
  • oh the poor kiddo. I really hope that the compresses start to help reduce them soon
  • grama2ruth grama2ruth's Avatar 06-19-07 | 02:52 PM
  • I hope the compresses do the trick.