Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - School Age When they throw a temper tantrum

When they throw a temper tantrum

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-31-06, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 7.5%

Depends on what the tantrum is about. If it is about clothes, he will take everything off!

If it is about going to bed, then it is just a big fuss with him trying to get out of the bedroom and back to whatever he was wanting to do. I usually sit by the door and warn him over and over that if he opens the door then he will get a spanking. The same thing goes for treats. If he opens the freezer or pulls a chair up to get a cookie out I have to sit there and listen to him fuss and watch his sneaky butt and threaten him with whatever punishment fits the crime at that moment. He is FINALLY starting to grow out of this crap.

Old 03-31-06, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Well we rarely have to deal with tantrums with Haleigh She has an occasional one but I don't even remember when the last one was. Even though it was not funny I was almost because it is the exact reaction I used to have. Stomp away, stomp up the stairs and slam the door. Then if you don't think you really slammed it hard enough, open it and slam it again and repeat until your satified. Of course I would never laugh where she could see me and Dh didn't find it nearly as amusing as I did.

Ciara is going to be a whole different story

Old 03-31-06, 10:45 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.25%

It really depends on how he's feeling and what the an tantrum is about. I'd say his most comment reactions are to cleanch his fists, get a mad look on his face and just look at me or walk away or the alternative of screaming/crying at the top of his lungs.

Old 03-31-06, 01:41 PM
Proud Mommy

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Brendan gets this nasty look on his face and tells me straight up he's mad, folds his arms too and stomps the feet and if I ignore him he yells really loud saying " mommy, I"m talking to you", lol.

Old 03-31-06, 01:48 PM
needs to get back in gear

Thanked 102 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

that is funny Penny

Latest Articles
What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

Is Stopping Your Depression Medication During Pregnancy A Good Idea?
According to one doctor, even though there are risks of taking depression medication during pregnancy, stopping the medication could be just as risky.

Throw The Perfect Toddler Halloween Party
Want to have fun this Halloween with your Toddler? Throw a party! Here are some tips for throwing the perfect toddler Halloween party.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools