Baby Corner

Old 04-23-07, 05:20 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Question #1 and #2

Which did your kids have more troubles with going on the potty... #1 or #2? Douglas has been doing pretty well with #1 for the most part, but it almost seems as though he's afraid to do #2. He has his little potty seat that he sits on, so it' snot like there's a splash. He has gone on there a few times, but almost everyday before he actually goes to sleep for his nap he sits on the pot, goes #1, lays down in his bed and 5 minutes (or less) later is calling for me to come change his diaper

Any Suggestions for me? (He is always offered an extra piece of candy if he goes on the potty... He gets one for pee and two for poop.)

Old 05-02-07, 09:25 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

No suggestions from me Braedon rarely poops on the potty either but he will sit there and then wants down only to do it in a pullup a few minutes later.

Time will make it happen is all I can say at least it did for my other kids.

Old 05-02-07, 01:39 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

going poop in the potty is a difficult thing for most kids.

It was incredibly difficult (actually the whole process was/is) for my DD and I ended up having to give her mineral oil to help her.
The mineral oil will 'force' the issue and the kids aren't able to hold it in.

For you, it sounds like you are in a much better position. He goes at the same time every day - so he's really regular.You just have to make him feel more comfortable on the potty. Long enough for him to be able to relax and let the poop come out.
He knows he has to go... he's just not comfortable to let it happen.
Sometimes, people read books to their kids while sitting on the toilet but 1/2 the time when you do that... the kids just sit there to hear the stories because it's a good attention getter and the whole potty part is lost. It might not be the case for you... but rather a good distraction to get the job done.

Old 05-02-07, 04:28 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Douglas will go either before and/or after his nap, so sometimes it's hard to catch him, esp after his nap (he doesn't make any noise that he's even awake until he's done). But before his nap I may be able to read to him and see what happens!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools