Baby Corner

Old 05-22-10, 10:44 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 10 month pics with TEETH!

DH was finally able to get a couple of pics of Hope's two bottom teeth. She turned 10 months old on Friday (wow)! This week we had to do a little tough love as Hope had gotten used to us (mostly me, lol) getting up and giving her a bottle in the middle of the night. I really thought she was hungry at first, then I think she just wanted mommy to come in and hold her back to sleep. We decided NOT to go in her room if she cried- boy that was HARD! The first night she really cried for about 10 minutes and I almost cried too. DH was sooo funny- HE was the one that almost broke down and went in her room! Each night got a little better and the last two nights she has barely made a peep. I know we did the right thing, but we all know how hard that can be sometimes! We are already talking about baby #2- in fact we have already kind of started trying this month. Part of me thinks we are NUTS, but I am already 36 and don't know how long it might take us to get pregnant again- and there is the possibility it won't happen at all. I am going to make an OB appt. soon to get a prescription for Clomid as that is what worked before. We probably won't start that until the summer though if trying without it doesn't work.
How are all the other babies and mommies doing?
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-23-10, 06:13 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

What beautiful teethies she has there!!! I think that we may need to do some tough love on Presley. She wakes up a lot at night and when we go in to get her she stops when we pick her up. I think we will do it tonight to see how it goes. Fingers crossed that she does as well as Hope. I think it is great that you are trying for number 2. I loved having the boys close together(14months to be exact lol). Its tough, but I am sure going from 1 to 2 is rough no matter the age difference KWIM? I hope that conceiving comes quickly for you!!!
Thank you Keepers!
Mark'sbabygirl (05-24-10)

Old 05-23-10, 07:16 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Wow, what a cutie!

I love those little pearly whites!!

Sometimes those tough love moments can really sting but you won't regret it.

I hope you get that BFP in NO TIME!

Thank you Dopey406!
Mark'sbabygirl (05-24-10)

Old 05-25-10, 10:18 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Heidi I totally understand about the tough love. Kingston was waking up several time a night. He used to sleep through the night and then suddenly quit. He went back to waking up every 3 hours. It finally got to the point where I felt like I was losing my mind. LOL! So I talked to the Dr that was filling in for his Dr. He asked if I give him milk when he wakes up and I said yes. He said don't, because he doesn't have to eat in the middle of the night and by me assuming he was hungry everytime, I have created a habit for him. He suggested that I give him Benadryl before bedtime and when he wakes up at night to give it again, and no bottle. If anything, only water. That has already been 2 months ago, and it didn't work for us.

He sleeps with us, so its been hard to train him to stop waking up, there's no tough love in there with us. I keep trying to finally put him in his room and always break down and bring him back. On Mother's Day I finally put him in there and he cried FOREVER! I just kept ignoring it and then later older DS brought him in there and woke us up. UGH! Its hard! In 2 weeks I'm going to talk to his Dr again and see if there is any other suggestions, although I'm sure tough love is the only one left.

Old 05-26-10, 10:59 AM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My heart goes out to you- I know it is rough and your situation is even tougher because he was used to sleeping with you. Where does he nap? For Hope, it was a gradual process getting her to be able to get herself to sleep. A good nighttime routine helps too. For Hope, I used to rock her to sleep, then I stopped rocking her and just held her, then we started putting her in her crib during the daytime when she was really sleepy (she used to nap in her bouncer), it didn't take long before she could get herself to sleep for naps during the day so we knew she could do it at night- and she did. But, like you, when she awoke at night we were assuming she was hungry so she was getting warm milkies in her tummy and mommy holding her back to sleep- she liked that lol! She cried for the first few nights -and that was hard. But, all is better now and she's sleeping great! It WILL be worth it. But, for your little one- if he's not used to sleeping in his crib at all it is going to be very difficult for him to go cold turkey. Maybe you could try holding or rocking him to sleep at first and then slowing back off like we did. The nightime routine helps alot as well, so if you don't have one of those you should start now- it really does help them wind down. keep us posted!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools