Baby Corner

Old 08-03-10, 05:15 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1187.14%
Default 18 month well visit

Joseph is 18 months today and we took him to the ped this morning. He's 26.8 lbs and 32.5 inches tall. He was too big for the deli scale this time! He stood like a good boy.

No shots this time since she likes to space the hep a shot at least 6 months apart and he had it at 15 months.

The ped was pleased with him. She was impressed with his vocabulary and wasn't surprised with his climbing skills. She was ok with us giving him veggie fruit juices to get the veggie part in his diet until he's old enough to understand consequence and reward.

I really like her alot. We had to see her when Joseph got an infected sore before the insurance kicked in when we moved. She cut the cost of her office visit for us since she knew we were on a limited budget. As soon as the insurance got straightened out we changed her to Joseph's primary doc.

I had always thought that Joseph would always have a male doctor but maybe this is better.

She also said that since he shows an interest in th potty when we go that introducing the potty would be ok. I will be excited if he decides to use the potty before 2 years but ok if he doesn't. My major goal is to have him potty trained by this time next year so he can start preschool.

Old 08-03-10, 05:51 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Way to go Joseph! So good to hear from you!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
lauralkemp (08-04-10)

Old 08-03-10, 06:23 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

Thats a great update!!!
Thank you Keepers!
lauralkemp (08-04-10)

Old 08-04-10, 04:55 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Hot diggity! I take Alex for his visit later this morning (yes, I'm posted at 5am

).

Way to grow, Joseph!!!

Thank you Dopey406!
lauralkemp (08-04-10)

Old 08-04-10, 11:54 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

sounds like you've got one sturdy little man growing there!!!

Fabulous!!! So glad that the doctor is helping you out!
Thank you Oreo!
lauralkemp (08-05-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools