Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

1st quarter report cards?

Reply Post New Topic

• Chickie Chickie's Avatar 11-13-06 | 12:31 PM
  • How did everyone do? Did you all have the obligatory parent/teacher conference? Are you liking your children's teachers so far? Give us the scoop on the first quarter.
  • Chickie Chickie's Avatar 11-13-06 | 12:39 PM
  • No report card for Ashlee yet, I am assuming it is in the mail as I type just waiting for me to pick up. She had staright A's at 5 weeks, so hopefully things have not changed much since then. She is in "Middle School" now, so she changes classrooms more frequently, which for me means less communication and control. I think she has adjusted fairly well though and likes the new freedom she is getting.

Anthony is doing great. I was really concerned about his behavior going into the conference, but his teacher assured me that he is handling 4th grade well. He has some minor issues with acting appropriately in non-structured environments, but overall is still making improvement. His grades are great. He had A's in everything except Writing and Penmenship. I was already aware of those issues prior to now and we have be diligently working on those. His writing grade reflects his lack of interest in the subject. He has more of a mathmatical and analytical mind than a creative one. (Don't know where he gets that

) His teacher is awesome. She raised four boys of her own successfully, so she knows exactly what to expect from him and what not to expect. Ashlee had her for 4th grade as well, so I already had an open line of communication started, plus she only lives four door down.

All in all I am very happy with both of them this quarter and with their teachers. If the entire school year can be maintained just as it is right now then I would consider it successful.

• MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 11-13-06 | 12:56 PM
  • Destiny is doing great she had all A's and 1 B and that was a very close to an A we love her teacher, she had her for kindy and preschool so she knows most of the kids in the class well and they all know what kind of behavoir she won't tolerate which is good cuz the classroom behavior was an issue last year (not with DD but the class was very roudy and it was diffficult for the teacher which made it a little harder for the kids)

Christian is doing GREAT his teacher called a few weeks back and left a message saying what an awsome job he was doing and that he was the first child in her 22 years of teaching kindy that knew all of his letter upper case and lower along with there sounds, he was having a hard time with the fancy (agd&l) but has worked past that just in the past few weeks. she is great and is very good at keeping us up to date on how he is doing, She know i was worried with him being as young as he is (he just turned 5 last week) and as crappy of prek that he had last year.

so we are off to a good start and hope it stays this way.
  • Chickie Chickie's Avatar 11-14-06 | 08:32 PM

•  
    Helllooooooo, is there anybody out there? Are we alone in here?

• nanci33 11-18-06 | 07:14 PM
  • Report card don't come for two more weeks here.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo