Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers 2 2008 babies coming home with me.

2 2008 babies coming home with me.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-14-10, 12:33 PM
is getting use to being a mom
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 2 2008 babies coming home with me.

Well I am planing on adpoting my friends kids. She has 10 kis all together. We where thinking it might be best for her 4 youngest to come home with me in March. Her two youngest are 1 and 2. I think they are both 2008 babies. They are 11 months apart. I was wondering what would be important for me to have here for them.

Old 01-14-10, 01:05 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

WOW! Will this be a permanent move then? Your friend is lucky to have you in her life to help out like this in her time of need! Hopefully she can also give you what items she already is using in her home so they are surrounded with familiar things.

Well, since the girl you adopted is not even sitting up yet, you probably haven't baby-proofed b/c I know we did that stufff whenever those milestones arose. So you will need to baby-proof your home & provide lots of safe areas to play & explore & age-appropriate toys for them to play with. I would suggest hitting up some garage sales (only there may not be too many since its winter) & looking at craigslists, sometimes people are just glad to gid rid of stuff for real cheap or even free! And consignment stores often have great deals on gently used clothes, shoes, furniture, & toys.

And sleeping arrangements, linens, clothes, shoes, sippy cups, toddler plates & utensils, diapers, wipes, bath toys, changing pads, diaper bags, car seats....

Old 01-14-10, 02:40 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Weekly Activity 1720%

Wow you are one great friend. Best of luck. I agree with what Mrs. 1st Baby listed.

Old 01-14-10, 05:04 PM
is getting use to being a mom
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

This will be permanent. She doesn't mind me taking what I need but we are flying there so there will not be a lot of room for things. Also shipping things could end up costing as much as buying new.

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools