Baby Corner

Old 02-16-11, 02:36 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%
Default 3 year well check

I took Avery for her 3 year well check today.

She is 35lbs which is <50th percentile.
She is 39.5 inches tall which is >90th percentile.

Tall and skinny!

No concerns. He wasn't even concerned about her not being potty trained... he said she'll get it and actually told me to lay off of it and quit talking about it for awhile.

My big gripe is... they are more than obsessed about milk. Avery honestly and truly doesn't like milk. Mike and I don't drink milk either, it's GROSS! I really don't think she likes it. We've tried going all day and offering her nothing but milk and she would rather just not drink all day long. He hounded me and hounded me that she had to drink milk and when she goes to school that is all that will be offered to her... yadda yadda. I'm not stupid, I know milk is important. However, she doesn't like it and I'm not forcing her to drink it. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt and yogurt drinks... this is an ever visit type of thing... Blah!

How big were your little ones at 3 years?

Old 02-16-11, 03:20 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

You can't force her to drink what she doesn't want to drink, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep offering her other drinks that contain milk, and she'll be fine. Have you tried chocolate milk? I'm pretty sure they offer that at school in addition to plain milk. (Personally I can't relate to the thought that milk is gross. I still drink 2-4 cups a day and used to drink a half-gallon a day as a kid).

Mark was 33 lb. and 38 inches at age 3. Lukas hasn't had his official age 3 checkup yet (it's scheduled for next Wednesday), but the last time we were in, he was 35 lb. We weren't able to get a good height due to his lack of cooperation, but I think he's around 39 inches.

Old 02-16-11, 06:03 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

My MIL was a caferteria manager before she retired 3 years ago. She said that the elementary schools offered juice, chocolate milk, sports drinks, and water so she'll have choices I'm sure.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools