Baby Corner

Old 05-09-10, 10:36 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%
Default Allergies

Avery has been having some horrible allergies here recently. I called my friend who is a nurse practitioner with our peds office and she told me to start her on Zyrtec twice a day and Benadryl at nighttime along with some Erythromycin ointment for her watery eyes. If that doesn't work, well go to Zyrtec with Singulair and Benadryl.

Mike and I have HORRIBLE allergies and knew it was probably only a matter of time before Avery started having problems.

Old 05-10-10, 09:20 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

I can tell you that after about week on putting Kendall on Zyrtec just once a day (1/2 tpsn), the difference was amazing! The Singulair granules are a bit harder to get her to take; I think she can tell the difference in her juice/milk because she won't drink it all. And we haven't really seen any difference from just the Zyrtec. And since our insurance covers NADA of the Rx until the deductible is met, we will probably not get it refilled.

I hope Miss Avery is feeling better & these meds make a difference quickly!

Old 05-15-10, 07:06 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

poor baby girl

I'm glad Avery is taking something for the allergies fingers crossed it does the trick. Lucy started having watery eyes last week and later that day she had a yellowy crusty discharge from her eye, I got her some drops straight away as I thought it was conjunctivitis and I was lucky it cleared it up overnight but I did think it might be allergies. Neither K or I suffer with allergies but it seems alot of children nowadays suffer with them.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools