Baby Corner

Old 01-31-09, 03:54 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%
Default Allowable missed school days

How many days is your child allowed to miss & what happens if you go over?

I never thought it mattered all that much as long as it wasn't excessive or affected their school work, but I guess it does in some districts.

Old 01-31-09, 08:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 19 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

In elementary (middle school & high school is different but I don't know the exact details) you can only miss 10 excused days total. After 10 days you have to have a doctors excuse or they will be considered unexcuse. After that it goes to the attendance officer and she takes it down the next road depending on the situation.
Out of the 10 days excused you can only have 5 used for vacation days.

Old 02-02-09, 04:31 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 576.33%

I wonder if my kids have good grades but more than 10 absenses they will contact me. I never really thought about it before. I know good attendence is something to be proud of, but its not something I ever tried very hard for my kids to achieve. Recuperation-from-life days or absences due to spring fever are important to me too.

I know I cut more than 10 days each year in Highschool.

I was good at signing my dad's name & had lots of dental appts & kept my grades up.

Old 02-02-09, 04:51 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I don't know what the deal is in our district.

It's never been important to me because I've never had to worry about having myself (when I was a kid) or my children out for hardly any days.

(sarah has had quite a few days she's been out because of her surgery and she has had quite a few Drs appointments that cause her to leave early or get to school late but I do my best to schedule them so they don't affect school - which is hard when you're dealing with the country's best pediatric neurosurgeon who schedules out 6 months in advance)

I don't believe in "recouperation from life days" or "spring fever" days.

There is a girl scout in my troop who has divorced parents. I swear that girl is out of school for 1/2 the school year!

Her dad just randomly takes her here or there for "father/daughter time" and takes her to work with him WTF?!?!? I'm all for father/daughter time, but taking her to your work and having her miss school to 'hang out' while you work is NOT what I call quality time.

I actually feel bad for the poor girl because she gets shuffled around too much and misses too much school (and girl scouts). The mom works for the airlines and is constantly taking her for weekend excursions here there and everywhere. sounds like fun, but sitting on an airplane for hours on end every weekend isn't exactly 'fun' when its done all the time.

Old 02-02-09, 05:50 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

We are "allowed" 10 days. then you get a letter statin gyour child has exceded 10 absences BLAH BLAH BLAH... I only know this because we got one for DD last week because the computer system ( or the person working the computer) had marked her as absent for 10 days in a row that she was there 8 of them. But we got it fixed and she only really missed 3 1/2 days not the 13 1/2 they had marked her missin gfor

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools