Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers Andrew and I have been sick all week!

Andrew and I have been sick all week!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-04-05, 08:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Unhappy Andrew and I have been sick all week!

Tuesday, Andrew started in with some diarrhea (sorry for the TMI). Wednesday, I followed suit. And it just won't go away for either of us. Neither of us feels bad otherwise (though, I'm definitely lacking energy and I think that's related to my having no appetite), but we can't stay out of the bathroom. Yesterday, I thought he was better. He seemed to be returning to normal and then in the late, late afternoon it started all over again and has been worse than ever. We were up with him 6 or 7 times last night.

What can I give him to help? He's such a trooper. Other than just a little bit of complaining about a sore bum, he's been fine. I finally found something that said I can take Kaopectate, so I'm gonna run out this morning and buy some of that, but what can he take? I wasn't really worried about any of this until last night (I'd much rather deal with this than throwing up!), but now this is day 4 for Andrew and day 3 for me. Shouldn't it be going away by now????

And I really dread when he wakes up because I have to tell him he can't go to school today and today is his pajama party. He was so excited to wear his pajamas to school!

I sent him yesterday because he'd been okay Wednesday night and was fine yesterday in the morning...

Ugh! We are really having a rough time staying healthy this year. We, as a family, have never been sick this much before....

Old 11-04-05, 12:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Jackie, I feel your pain! Earlier this year, Annie had a similar virus, the horrible diarrhea lasted 5 days, then started getting better each day after that. I hope Andrew is near the end of this. Annie had to miss her Halloween party at school, too.

I would think this is just a virus and you have to just let it play itself out. Make sure Andrew is drinking lots of fluids!

Old 11-04-05, 03:37 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 941.33%

I wouldn't know how much Kaopectate to give Andrew. I'd call his doctor & ask.

Has anything worked for you? Immodium AD should work quickly. (But watch for the opposite effect a week later

) If it doesn't work you may have something like Salmonilla poisening.

Old 11-04-05, 03:38 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 941.33%

Ignore this...posted in wrong place

Old 11-04-05, 10:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Pepto helps Emma but be careful about the dosage. I think this is a wait it out virus. Sorry, Alex and DH have something much more minor but fairly yukky.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools