Baby Corner

Old 09-19-08, 08:47 PM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Question Ask your kids.....

Don't just assume they do... really ASK them...

Do your kids wash their hands at school before lunch &/or snack time?? Are they instructed to do so... is there a set TIME... or do they have to ask permission to go to the bathroom, etc to go wash their hands?

I asked Wes if they washed their hands before snack & he said that there wasn't enough time?!?! I haven't asked the teacher about it... I might bring it up (I'll have to think about the right words) at the parent/teacher conference.

I bought a small bottle of foaming hand sanitizer, taught him how to use it, and we keep it in his snack box! The level of liquid is going down a bit, so I think he IS actually using it.

EVERYTHING I know and EVERYTHING I read screams "to stay healthy, keep your hands clean & wash them before you eat"!!

Old 09-19-08, 09:07 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 55.45%

I don't have my students wash before eating lunch because it consists of running their hands under the water for 2 seconds and drying them. I do however give each student a squirt of handsanitizer before we head to the lunchroom. I do ask them periodically if they washed their hands in the bathroom and if they say no I make them wash them in the classroom.

Old 09-19-08, 10:11 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I know the kids wash their hands (most all of them) when they use the bathrooms because I see them. The sinks for handwashing are in the halls OUTSIDE the actual bathrooms so I see both the boys and the girls sudsing up and washing.

As for snacks and lunches. Probably not.
Each classroom has hand sanitizer at the kids' tables. I know that they use the sanitizer because I see them. They also have sinks and a fountain in each room too and I know they wash their hands periodically when they are in their classroom because they do it when I'm there too. But I don't know that they do it for snack EVERY time.

Today, since the school is having a bad breakout of the stomach virus, the hand sanitizer was in heavy use by ALL the classrooms. I saw one of the teachers taking a big pump bottle of it to the lunch line for her class and every kid sanitized while in the line.

Old 09-19-08, 10:45 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 55.45%

That is what I do. I also make my kids wash their hands when I see them picking their noses or if they sneeze and cough into them. I teach my students to cough and sneeze into their elbow instead of their hands.

Old 09-20-08, 01:45 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 641.82%

No, I'm sure they don't but they do have hand sanitizer in class. They do wash after the bathroom...I know that because they do at home & remind me if I forget. The last school really pushed that.

Latest Articles
Humor in Pregnancy and Parenthood a Necessity!
There sure are stressful times during pregnancy, and in being a parent, but humor in pregnancy and parenthood is a must have if you're going to survive!

Baby Development: When Will Baby Be Rolling Over
Find out when to expect your baby to roll over, how to know he's ready, and how to keep your baby safe when the rolling begins.

When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools