Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Bigger carseats...

Reply Post New Topic

• brandimichelle brandimichelle's Avatar 07-17-08 | 04:28 AM
  • So I see that some of you have already moved your babies up to the next seat for the car... What do you all have? Avery is still little, but I'm going to need to buy one soon...

What do you all have?
    What do you like/dislike about it?
    How long do you think they'll be in it?
    How many lbs does it go to?

Thanks in advance, you ladies are so great!
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 07-17-08 | 08:13 AM
  • britax marathon here on the advice of most of the ladies.
    It's great for Noah because he's so big so our benefits may not be the same as for you. It is a BIG carseat so wouldn't fit in some vehicles.
    The bonus for us is it harnesses up to 65 lbs when forward facing. (most I saw were up to 40lbs) Noah seems to be much more comfortable in it than in his infant seat. Good luck finding the right one!
Thank you jennigirl!
brandimichelle (07-17-08)
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 07-17-08 | 08:58 AM
  • We have the Britax... Love it, it is the second one we purchased as Ben is still in his Britax... As Jenni said it goes up to 65 pounds and 48 inches... so, Ben just turned three and I think he will get at least another year out of the seat. I love the extra padding on the seat, and we have no problem fitting two of them in my Mazda Tribute which isn't all that wide...

I totally recommend the Marathon, even with Ben having been a small baby and still on the small side now, I thought it was great, and Avery seems to be growing at a rate that is pretty comparable to him...
Thank you BnBMommy!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 07-17-08 | 09:23 AM
  • I just ordered a new marathon for L.... I had a roundabout (smaller brita

from B-- but when I pulled it out, it wasnt in the nicest shape, and they never wash up 'the same' ykwim? so I told dh I lost it and bought a new one

Thank you ~Kelli~!
  • Jen_C Jen_C's Avatar 07-17-08 | 02:13 PM
  • Cora is in a marathon and I love it - so I'm going to get a 2nd one for Preston. He has about a month or so left in his carseat before he outgrows it lenghtwise.

Last edited by Jen_C; 07-17-08 at 02:29 PM..
Thank you Jen_C!