Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers childcare advice needed please!

childcare advice needed please!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-07-11, 08:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default childcare advice needed please!

I am going back to work in Aug. My son will be 21 months. My childcare options are either daycare 5 days 7-4 or daycare 3 days 7-4 and a nanny 2 days. EVERYONE says not to switch back in forth bc it's too hard to adjust. i'm just really struggling with the daycare thing. im very emotional and need some advice!

Old 06-07-11, 09:20 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

I don't see anything wrong with switching back and forth. It actually gives you more flexibility that way - like if your son is sick you probably can't bring him to daycare but maybe the nanny can come instead. Or if the nanny is sick you could probably bring him to daycare an extra day.

Old 06-07-11, 10:59 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I think whatever you choose to do is fine as long as you set a schedule and stay consistent. Kids really do like consistency.

I wouldn't get a nanny just because you're worried about daycare. If you do your homework, you can find wonderful daycare centers that will give you great peace of mind. I still use one of the people who worked at our daycare as our regular evening sitter.

Old 06-08-11, 07:29 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I agree with Rudi; as long as there is a consistent schedule there shouldn't be any confusion. When my dd was 18 months we started here at daycare 2 days a week and the other 3 days my parents watched her. It was the same 2 days every week and she quickly grew accustomed to it and enjoyed both places.

Old 03-09-12, 04:00 PM
is Bemused
dad-for-hire

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Kids do like a consistent structure to their week, but that doesn't mean it can only be one or the other...the combo option is perfect. Daycare will give interaction with others, the nanny some personal attention and tlc.
Happy days!

Latest Articles
What You Should Know about Enterovirus-68
Enterovirus-68, a respiratory virus that has hundreds of children treated in the hospital is spreading across the country. Here's what you need to know if your baby or child gets sick.

Labor & Delivery Photographers: A New Trend
Your labor is packed, and you are ready to go. However, one person you might be forgetting about is the photographer. A new trend is hiring a photographer to capture the precious moments of when your baby first enters the world is now a must have!

Does Your Baby Need Probiotic Formula?
Probiotics are naturally present in your baby's stomach, but some formulas have probiotics added to it. Doe you baby really need probiotic add to his/her baby formula?

A Guide to Baby Clothes: From Sizes to Styles
Have you ever noticed that baby clothes are sized by age, instead of by measurements? Use this guide to help you pick the correct sizes for your baby. Hint: It's not by their age!

Male Fertility Also Affected by Weight
Research is now finding that overweight men may also have trouble conceiving. Find out why.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools