Baby Corner

Old 09-08-08, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

To answer your question... I do feel a bit nervous, only because I'm a totally different person in front of kids (more approachable, funnier, relaxed, totally in my element) than I am in front of adults, *not* because I don't want a parent in observing the class and observing what's going on in the different classrooms. If your teaching and management are solid (and provided you're not doing an art project involving glitter and feathers that day

) then a teacher should be fine with an occasional visit. If you were camped out in my classroom -- like one mother last year decided she was spending the week in my room (to make sure her son behaved, I guess, but it didn't work)-- then that would be a totally different story.

Old 09-09-08, 12:26 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Glitter & feathers? I must have missed that post.

Do teachers ever need volunteers to help grade papers & such? Neither class has an aid in the room. I could do something like that and it would give me a reason to be in the classroom without feeling like I'm making the teacher feel like I have a reason to not trust her.

Old 09-09-08, 12:34 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

sure - I'm in the classroom all the time stapling papers to send home or seperating the Scholastic book order sheets, etc...

Old 09-09-08, 12:39 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Good, I'm going to get ID'd so I can volunteer.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools