Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
This closed campus bothers me

This closed campus bothers me

Reply Post New Topic

• 3Princes 09-08-08 | 09:11 PM
  • To answer your question... I do feel a bit nervous, only because I'm a totally different person in front of kids (more approachable, funnier, relaxed, totally in my element) than I am in front of adults, *not* because I don't want a parent in observing the class and observing what's going on in the different classrooms. If your teaching and management are solid (and provided you're not doing an art project involving glitter and feathers that day

) then a teacher should be fine with an occasional visit. If you were camped out in my classroom -- like one mother last year decided she was spending the week in my room (to make sure her son behaved, I guess, but it didn't work)-- then that would be a totally different story.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-09-08 | 12:26 PM
  • Glitter & feathers? I must have missed that post.

Do teachers ever need volunteers to help grade papers & such? Neither class has an aid in the room. I could do something like that and it would give me a reason to be in the classroom without feeling like I'm making the teacher feel like I have a reason to not trust her.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 09-09-08 | 12:34 PM
  • sure - I'm in the classroom all the time stapling papers to send home or seperating the Scholastic book order sheets, etc...
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 09-09-08 | 12:39 PM
  • Good, I'm going to get ID'd so I can volunteer.