Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Connor...

Reply Post New Topic

• ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 04-23-08 | 06:58 AM
  • is fine for now...

Poor kid.

I was out yesterday with him- we were at the dentist in the am-- no root damage, but the 2 baby teeth next to his front tooth (which is a permanent tooth) were knocked completely loose... so they will be falling out shortly. the dentist didnt pull them-- she said just to wait.

the front tooth root looks ok- she said we have to wait and see if there is any coloration damage- which happens when blood flow supply is cut off for some period of time- due to trauma or swelling

he has to eat soft foods for 2 weeks (that'll be the hardest thing for him- he loves to eat!) then we have to go back for a re-check...

so here's what happened-- Joe is the coach of his LLeague team-- and they had batting practice in the batting cages-- so that means one kid at a time, and patience

the other coach had about 4 kids on the t taking turns with their swing, and joe had 4 kids-- 3 waiting and 1 in the cage... Joe said the kids were crazy all with their bats and they kept telling them don't pick up the bat until it's your turn... well Connor was waiting to go in the cage- he was up next-- and the kid that was supposed to be at the T next decided to come check out the cage-- and then he picked up a bat and took a practice swing-- right into connor's face-- hit him smack in the mouth.... joe said there was so much blood it was unbelieveable.... his lip split but once the swelling went down we realized we didnt need stitches and there were no cracks in the teeth or anything like that... thank goodness...

so from now on- joe's not letting anyone touch a bat at all unless they are up to bat- and they are never going to the batting cages again .... they are just too young. Joe's going to suggest the parents take them to the cages if they want to work on their swing-- he just can't have 8 kids without help ykwim? parents stay with their kids at practice, but some don't speak up enough to 'discipline' their kids... ie- telling them to pay attention in the field, put down the bat, sit on the bench etc... so we're going to bring that up too at the next game.... sigh.

moms of boys watch out

• rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 04-23-08 | 09:22 AM
  • Yikes! Glad he's ok!
  • BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 04-23-08 | 09:41 AM
  • So glad that all is okay... see, these are the things that scare me of having 2 boys but I guess it could easily happen with a girl too!
  • jennigirl jennigirl's Avatar 04-23-08 | 11:14 AM
  • yikes is right! Poor thing! That must have freakin' hurt and been so scary for him. Hope he manages to deal with the soft food for a while!
  • ~babywanted~ ~babywanted~'s Avatar 04-23-08 | 12:13 PM
  • OMG that is horrible! I cringed when I read the story. Poor guy! I can only imagine how much that hurt!