Baby Corner

Old 10-27-05, 12:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Connor is sick AGAIN!

I don't know if I posted about it last week, but the 24 hour stomach virus went through our household last week. Connor stayed home from school last Tuesday with it. He woke up this morning with a sore throat, hoarse voice and a fever of 101.7.

This is when being a working mom is so hard. Rich's schedule is more flexible than mine, and he ends up staying home with our sick kids the majority of the time. I had to come to work because we are going to Disneyland for a week next month, and I don't have any more PTO. I feel so guilty about it, I just wish I could be home! I actually really like my job and the people I work with, and I am making pretty good money, but my heart is with my kids!

Old 10-27-05, 01:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I"m so sorry about poor Connor! And I know what you mean about wanting to stay home with them when they are feeling puny! Hope he gets better real soon!

Old 10-27-05, 02:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I hope Connor feels better soon! I know it's hard to be away from them when they are sick!

Dh and I both have some major colds at the moment. I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should hang it up and go home or tough it out for another 4.5 hours.

Old 10-28-05, 02:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I ended up taking him to urgent care last night, his fever was up to 102.9 and he was wheezing pretty badly. They think he has a viral bronchitis. They gave him a breathing treatment which seemed to help. He's home again today, poor baby.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools