Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers "That doesn't look like Santa!!!"

"That doesn't look like Santa!!!"

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-06-04, 11:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down "That doesn't look like Santa!!!"

We went to the local fire station to see Santa on Saturday. It really wasn't a great Santa, but as soon as he walked in the door, Daniel whispers to me, "That doesn't look like Santa!" I think he was a bit disappointed. He did sit on his lap and play along. Last night we talked about it a bit and he thought it was just a fireman dressed as Santa. We told him that Santa sometimes sends his helpers to collect all the gift ideas from the kids since he can't be everywhere at once! I think he believed that. It won't be long before Santa is no more!

Now I'll just have to get him to play along for Josh!

Old 12-06-04, 11:39 AM
Mama To GIRLS!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Aw... thats too bad. I hate it when they use unrealistic Santa's. This is Brendyn's picture with Santa this year. He said the exact same thing.

Last edited by sarabrydges; 12-06-04 at 01:23 PM.

Old 12-06-04, 12:22 PM
Community Member & Momma

Thanked 7 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ryan said the same thing this year.

He's 6 and I think starting to catch on.

Old 12-06-04, 12:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Connor has asked me several times whether or not Santa is real. I just say do you think he's real? And leave it at that. I don't think it will work much longer, though.

Old 12-06-04, 01:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Evan figured it out in September that there is no Santa. I was heart broken! Aidan (2 years older figured it out at the same dinner). I told them the truth that Santa is Christmas love and we can all be Santa. I told them they can now help me be Santa and fill their brothers stockings etc. I also said that as long as they act like they believe for their brothers benifit they will get a gift from Santa.

That said sometimes Evan acts like he still believes. I don't think he was really ready to figure it out. My husband and I are sometimes puzzled if he is just acting real well or if he believes again. But then he will see something and sneakily suggest it for a younger brother's stocking.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools