Baby Corner

Old 03-27-11, 10:06 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Funny Jeanne! We totally wold not even think of getting up when erin was a baby. She always out herself back down in the mornings and slept until 7 or after. He is really a great sleeper- at night and nap times we ut him in his crib and tell him to go to sleep and he just lays down and does it. Even if he has problems falling asleep he might just stand at the crib rail sucking his thumb and eventually he lays down and falls asleep. I know i need to just leave him (which I did for 45 minutes today) but when dd is woken up that early she is a terror and she stopped napping so long ago. We actually started putting him down a bit later because he was going down at 6:30 which we though was a bit excessive since he still naps 2 times a day. I know he is in a lilt of pain right now because he is just not himself oh, and he is also on ablbuterol and pulmicort (a steroid via nebulizer) which mght be messing with his sleeping habits.
Sorry this is so long!
Thanks for the book recommendation- I think I may have to read it.
Thank you teddybear1082!
3Princes (03-27-11)

Old 03-27-11, 10:06 PM
is accepting its winter
Community Member

Thanked 89 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My middle child has always been a early riser he was a 5am boy until he was about 8 now at 11 the child can not sleep in past 6:30 even on wkends. I think some people are just wired that way. But its hard on those of us that are not!

Old 03-27-11, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I know it sounds strange, but they recommended putting them down earlier if they are getting up too early. It worked.
Brady sleeps from about 7pm to about 6:30am, and still takes a 1 1/2 hour nap in the am and a 45minute nap in the pem.

Old 03-28-11, 02:20 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Kendall was on a streak for a week or so at waking up at like 6:30 on the weekends. Since she is in a twin bed now, she actually comes in our room carrying her blanket, bear, & a diaper, lol. I lift her up into bed, change her, and then we all stay in bed for a bit. But she doesn't stay still...or quiet, so I end up getting up and taking her in the living room.

Before that her normal wake time was 7:00-7:30. And this past Saturday she slept until 8:30....it was glorious!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools