Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
End of year gifts for teachers

End of year gifts for teachers

Reply Post New Topic

• Laurie Laurie's Avatar 04-18-08 | 01:43 PM
  • Seth has several teachers. 3 TA's, one Speech, and his main classroom teacher.

Without spending a zillion dollars, what could I do to thank these ladies?

I thought about making a lump donation to his classroom and then just getting them cards...but I do not know if that is nice or not. Seth classroom is the special needs classroom, and Mrs. B is always looking for sources of provision for the technology and newest teaching software. I don't have 400 dollars, but I know she needs a 400 dollar projector for her classroom because hers got stolen last year.

I don't know though. That idea isn't very personal.
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 04-18-08 | 02:39 PM
  • As a teacher, I would be thrilled with a classroom gift!!

There is nothing of real merit I need that I wouldn't get for myself really. I mean, it's nice to get little baskets with soaps or lotions or candles. But, it is nicer to be thanked for the work I do by people who appreciate it can be exspensive to outfit a classroom beyond the basic school provided stuff. I just think it validates what I try to do with the kids.

Perhaps you could write a letter to the parents, ask for contributions to the new projector fund and write a letter to the projecor company asking them to donate one or sell it at cost because the teacher is awesome...

Even if you gave the teacher a GC towards the projector, it is really thoughtful and responds to a need she has. I think it's awesome!
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 04-18-08 | 02:47 PM
  • I usually get gift certificates for the teachers & aides in the 2 classrooms but not for the extra teachers (spanish, art, etc.) as that would get too expensive.

One year I made bracelets for all the preschool teachers & aides. There were 6 rooms & they'd combine classes a lot depnding on enrollement and activities so between my two kids they had had every teacher & aide that year.
  • 2babygirls 2babygirls's Avatar 04-18-08 | 02:48 PM
  • Also, I think if you could get the other parents to each contribute towards the projector its a great idea!
  • Laurie Laurie's Avatar 04-18-08 | 03:04 PM
  • Oh dear, I think they are supposed to be 4000, not 400. I just looked for the LED projector and they are $$$! There are only 8 kids in the class...great if they all could chip in 50...but I don't know if everyone is thrilled with the teacher as I am.

I wonder what else she needs?