Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers >
Finally found some time...

Finally found some time...

Reply Post New Topic

• Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 09-04-09 | 06:07 AM
  • ...to come here and say hello!!

Things have been a bit hectic since Kara's arrival. First the emergency c-section, then Kara's tongue-tie, then my womb lining infection (endometrisis).

Then the young man we look after (who has an Autistic spectrum disorder) came back from respite, then my 'Oz-Nan' passed away suddenly, then Neil's Gran also passed away, and then last week Kara got a diagnosis of DDH and has to wear a Pavlik harness for the next 16 weeks.

But I'm here now!! Well for 5 minutes while Kara's sleeping.

Could you all tell me a little about you and your 2009 blessing? Not sure when I'll get chance to get on here again, but when I do I look forward to learning all about you, and catching up with my Due-Date buddies!!
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 09-04-09 | 02:28 PM
  • Its so good to see you here! Boy you've been through a lot! The Pavlik harness looks really neat. Much nicer then triple diapering a baby like they used to do. I hope it does the trick and I'm glad they caught it so early!

Everett was tongue tied as well. Did you get hers clipped? In our case it was done so fast I didn't have time to register what was going on. Everett stopped crying as soon as his arms and head were released. It didn't seem to cause him any pain at all! My brother had it as well and didn't get his clipped until he was in school. He had a bad lisp and spent yrs in speech therapy relearning to talk. Everett couldn't latch on properly to bf, so I had his clipped when he was days old.

Everett is 4 months now and a huge boy! He had colic the first 3 months and once he got over that he's been the happiest of babies!

I hope things settle down for you and you're able to hop on more often! Its a big adjustment for the first and you'd had so much extra stuff thrown on top of it!

Laura

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 09-04-09 | 02:44 PM
  • Welcome Kara and Tracey!!

I hope that the next 16 weeks zoom by. Kara is beautiful and definitely a super loved gal.

Alex is 7 months old today and growing like a weed.

I'm looking forward to watching Kara grow--I'm so glad Alex and she are 2009 babies together!

• Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 09-04-09 | 02:50 PM
  • So good to hear from you Tracey! I have thought of you often and have wondered what was happening with you guys. So sorry you have had to go through so much! When you get a chance we would all love to see some pics!
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 09-05-09 | 01:24 AM
  • Good to hear from you, Tracey - I agree with Deanna - hope the 16 weeks fly by and the hip is the way it should be by then.

Kaitlyn is 6 months old and started daycare this week. She likes to roll over and be on her tummy - I wouldn't be surprised if she is quick to crawl. She is super tall for her age - off the charts. Hope to see pictures of your little one soon.