Baby Corner

Old 08-22-09, 05:10 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Finally took the plunge

last night I finally let Lucy cry it out and let me say this now for anyone outside this forum I don't want to hear your opinions on how I'm damaging my kid I'm not interested

I knew I had to do this and was just dragging my heels and to be honest wasn't planning on it last night it just happened. For the last few nights she has now started refusing to go to sleep in her cot and for me to sleep beside her (I would then transfer to her cot) so I knew it was getting ridiculous so last night as I had her on my bed and she was bouncing up and down I just picked her up carried her to her room and put her down tucked her in and said goodnight..she immediately stood up and cried but I just went downstairs brought the monitor with me but kept it on low

..I was reading online about CIO while listening to her and some women mentioned that when they continually went in to reassure their babies that it seemed to prolong the crying as if to remind them of what they were missing

I left it a while and went back up but she hit the roof but I sat on the floor beside her and told her mama was not picking her up and it was night night time..que the hysterics

this time I just went next door and lay on my bed and said a few prayers just to help me get through it..it was then I noticed she would stop for a few seconds and that's when I knew she would eventually stop so after another 10 mins I heard nothing..I was heading downstairs when I heard her biting her bunny (she bites the nose on the bunny I think she gets her frustration out on the it

) so I knew she was fine..That was it and when I headed to bed I peaked in and she was passed out in the cot. I think she cried for around 30-35mins in total. she woke at around 2am crying (her usual) and I did go into her gave some water and left her and I didnt hear anything until 7.30am

this is the kicker..when I went into her this morning she bawled and bawled and wouldn't let me console her..I felt like crap

DH kept asking what was wrong (he had been working so missed the first night but I had told him about it)..she's fine now but I didn't read anywhere about babies/toddlers still being upset the next day. My guilt is growing by the minute but tonight will be the important night I think, for both of us!

I read this somewhere and I keep repeating it...you are not making her cry you are letting her cry and its making me feel a little better.

thanks for reading ladies .x.

Old 08-22-09, 01:59 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Love the disclaimer at the beginning of your thread.

Good for you.

I know it has got to be tough on you, but I am a advocate of CIO for several reasons. Within a week I had my eldest falling to sleep within 5 minutes and staying asleep. All of this from a child who didn't sleep throughout the night until he was 13 months old.

Lola occasionally will wake in the middle of the night and when I was home, I wouldn't go into her room. She would fuss a minute or two and then she would go back to sleep.

I really think you are doing a great job

you are with her all day long and you really need your rest so you can be the best mommy you can be. IA about not going into her room repeatedly...it does seem to drag it out. As far as her being upset at you, I honestly think that will pass...and it just goes to show what a great and dedicated mommy you are for even feeling guilty about it!

Try to keep it up for a week...I have a feeling that it will get a thousand times better in a few days.
Thank you holly302!
mac71 (08-23-09)

Old 08-22-09, 02:10 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Great job, Therese! I think people who have a problem with CIO have kids who will learn to sleep without it. I tried everything with Marek, and he absolutely would not go to sleep without being rocked and nursed until I got tough and did it. He was the kind of kid who would start from scratch screaming if I went in to comfort him, so I had to do cold turkey. After 3 nights, he went to sleep fine and never gave me a peep again (until he was 2-1/2, but that's another story!).

I don't think she was still mad at you. It was probably something else.
Thank you rudolphia!
mac71 (08-23-09)

Old 08-22-09, 11:44 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2755.92%

Kudos Therese! I know it's tough and I can't even begin to know how you feel or what you are going through. Kendall has been a good sleeper for the most part unless something is wrong, like the other night with an upset stomach. I can't imagine still being able to function through the next day after dealing with that! I hope this round works and you get some much needed rest!
Thank you MrsS1stbaby!
mac71 (08-23-09)

Old 08-23-09, 02:25 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I agree with what all the other ladies have said..

I myself have used CIO and it has worked for us!
Thank you BnBMommy!
mac71 (08-23-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools