Baby Corner

Old 02-28-10, 05:53 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%
Default Food

How much food does your child eat in a day?
How many cups do they drink and what do they drink?

I'm thinking Avery does not eat enough...

Old 02-28-10, 11:10 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%

Lukas eats a lot for his age, I think.

Breakfast is usually a waffle or 1-2 pieces of French toast or 1-2 pancakes, plus a breakfast sausage and a whole banana or 1/2 cup of other fruit.

Lunch is either a grilled cheese or pb&j sandwich, 1 cup of mac & cheese, spaghetti and 2 meatballs, a hot dog with toddler ravioli, and 1/2 cup veggies and 1/2 cup fruit.

Dinner is whatever we're eating, about 1 cup total plus fruit.

He drinks about 4 cups of milk a day, and occasionally have a cup of diluted juice too.

Snacks are string cheese in the morning and animal crackers in the afternoon.

Lukas actually eats more food more consistently than his 3-1/2 year old brother.

Old 02-28-10, 11:12 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Oh, and there's a big range of normal. Marek didn't eat this much at the same age, and my friend's daughter (who is 3 months younger than Lukas), barely seems to eat anything. I wouldn't worry about her eating too little if she seems to be satisfied.

What does your ped say? Have you had your 2 year appointment yet?

Old 02-28-10, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bradley is hit or miss on the day, he loves fruit, so he will gladly eat a ton of fruit for breakfast, he normally eats a bowl of cereal or a piece of toast with it, sometimes a cereal bar if we are running late for school.

Lunch, there is normally pasta, or rice, some veggies, a sandwich..etc, and he will pick at it...

Dinner, he will eat about 1/2 a cup of whatever we are having and devour his veggies...

He drinks probably 3 cups of milk a day, and will usually have water and sometimes juice...

He is growing and probably about to out grow his big brother anyday, so even on the days he doesn't eat, I am not overly concerned!

Old 03-01-10, 01:13 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2420%

The ped said she was fine just long and very slender... except she doesn't drink enough milk... and I'm trying hard on that one...

For example... today she ate nothing for breakfast... she is not a breakfast fan.... she ate 1 piece of homemade pizza for lunch... and for supper we went out and she ate spinach dip and chips, 4 bites of cheeseburger, and about 5 bites of corn... and 2 animal crackers earlier. That's all she's ate all day long.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools