Baby Corner

Old 08-20-09, 11:28 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%
Smile Foot App tomorrow

I'm hoping this is the last foot appointment we will have to go to for Athemia! The Dr said it was looking nice and straight (for those of you that don't know, her feet looked like boomerangs when she was born. One straigtened itself out the other did not so she had to wear a special boot 24/7 for 6 weeks, then only at night for 6 weeks then just shoes (which I've been neglecting to put on her with the hot weather) and now tomorrow is her next app)

The Dr wanted to wait until she was standing on her own so she could take a look to see if her foot decides to stay straight or if it will turn in (I guess a lot of kids have problems again when they start standing/walking) I haven't noticed any goofy turning of her foot, she just drags her toes under her foot when we are helping her walk (she doesn't do it if she's walking on her own though.)

Old 08-21-09, 06:03 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

sounds like the foot is improving

it must have been hard going in the beginning but now at least you can see the results. Update us on how the appointment goes!

Old 08-21-09, 04:47 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Well, after waiting 35 minutes in the little office with no toys (except the couple I had in my purse) and 3 kids, the Dr finally came in, looked at her for about 2 minutes, had her stand up and walk and said we have to go back in a year bc she still has some tibial torsion in her left leg (that was the foot that didn't fix itself) and we are supposed to keep her in shoes too (I neglected to say I have not been puting them on her lately!)

Dh was ready to walk out of there bc it was taking so long! The kids were being naughty (they were VERY bored) and it was right around lunch time.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools