Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Getting to School

Reply Post New Topic

• skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 01-18-08 | 11:10 PM
  • well, we do rain - not that I'm too fond of it :rolleyes :but the kids think it's really fun to carry umbrellas

and of course all this means lots of advanced planning for me - have to wear gloves/mittens to be able to hold the umbrella etc.

somtimes I think it's too much, but I just have to remind myself that it's good for us, it's good for the environment.
  • MImom23 MImom23's Avatar 01-19-08 | 01:14 AM
  • We are 10 mins drive from school but Christian gets upset when I leave so they take the bus, plus then I don't have to get the baby dressed in the morning. The bus picks them up at 7:40 am then they eat breakfast at school.
  • cynthia cynthia's Avatar 01-19-08 | 03:04 AM
  • Savannah is a "car rider" at her school. I take her and pick her up.

I absolutely LOVE the system her school has. In the morning, all the cars line up and slowly drive to the front, where you are greeted by staff and older students that open the car doors for the kids to get out.

In the afternoon, I put a sign in my windshield (given to all the car rider parents by the school) that has Savannah's name and grade. As I drive up in the line of cars, a staff member with walkie talkie says the kids names and grades as she reads them off the cars signs and a staff member walks each child out and watches them go to their cars. SO nice and safe!!
  • Natascha Natascha's Avatar 01-19-08 | 10:28 AM
  • Cynthia, that's exactly how they do things here (I wonder if it's a TX thing, lol). The only thing difference is that they don't use walkie talkies to call the kids' names, they use a megaphone.

I've picked them up in the car, a couple times. The only con to the system is that it takes forever to get out if your not the first to get there. But it's still a great system, and they are very organized.
  • skyqueen skyqueen's Avatar 01-19-08 | 02:11 PM
  • that's how my preschool does the pick up at the preschool

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!