Baby Corner

Old 08-16-10, 02:24 PM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Lucy got one official hair cut and 2 trims by me. She is in dire need of a cut because her fringe is really long but with curly hair it's hard to find a hairdresser who won't just cut tons off and when that happens her curls bounce right up and it looks like she's had too much taken off. I spent my entire life having the same problem and still haven't found a hairdresser I can trust. Her hair is so curly that I'm trying to let it grown down, it's finally getting some weight to it and when she runs her curls bounce around

I might try trimming her hair when she sleeps it's the only time she won't fight me

Old 08-16-10, 03:10 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Kendall is 2 and has had 4 trims/cuts-all by me. Her 1st was at 18 months; I did bangs & hair and she was great and looked great. The 2nd time she I think I just trimmed her bangs cuz they were getting in her eyes and she let me, no problems.

The 3rd time she kept saying "no cut, no cut!" and was moving around so much all I was able to trim was her bangs. And I just did the 4th time about a week ago....and it was a bad experience! She was moving around a lot and was really freaked out. She kept saying, "All done, all done. Finished!" Her bangs are not even & a bit jagged. And the rest of her hair I was determined to cut b/c it's so hot here and it gets all sweaty & stringy. Well, that is shorter than I imtended and uneven, but everyone has been really nice and said you can't tell. (hahahaha, yea right!) She also refuses any type of ponytails, pigtails, or barrettes, so she will probably be getting a bob for awhile! Oh, and Rudi-we use a spray detangler after every bath that smells like apples!

Needless to say, I am not doing it anymore! I think next time I go for a trim, I will have Dh come to and let her watch me get it done.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 08-16-10 at 03:15 PM.

Old 08-16-10, 05:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have been cutting Ava's bangs and letting the rest grow out. I think Ive cut them 3 or 4 times. She doesnt fuss or give me trouble. She really likes accessories so I always give her a watch or bracelet to play with, and shes good to go!

Old 08-16-10, 08:26 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

Avery did great today. Haircutting is something I know nothing about nor do I feel like I could cut hair so I'm commending you all who cut your own kid's hair... I would take Avery to the salon just for a trim!

Avery cried at first but then one of the girls gave her a sucker and she was good to go. I didn't get as much cut off as I thought I would. She took about 3 inches off the back and evened it up.

Old 08-17-10, 05:33 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Brandi can you post a photo??? I have no confidence in cutting hair so when I say trim I mean trim plus with curly hair you can disguise a dodgy cut

Lucy's hair is way past her shoulders when it's wet but it's only just below her ears when dry, can't wait until it's grown nice and long.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools