Baby Corner

Old 06-19-10, 07:27 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Happy Father's Day to our DH's!!!

DH's parents are coming over tomorrow to celebrate his FIRST Father's Day. We were laughing this morning because last year at this time Hope wasn't born yet and this year not only do we have a daughter, but #2 is on the way! Wow! I got him a couple of shirts that he likes, a photo book from Shutterfly, and a custom poker chip/card protector with Hope and my's pic on it. I have a GREAT website if anyone elses DH plays poker and they would want a custom photo chip. I bought him one our first married Christmas with my picture (from our wedding) on it and he LOVES it. He already knows he's getting it as he got the mail the day it came (booger!). He ALWAYS figures out what he's getting, lol! Oh well, he doesn't know exactly what it looks like so at least that part will be a surprise. MIL and SIL are bringing mac and cheese, fruit salad, and green salad and we are BBQ'ing beef teriyaki kabobs which DH loves. We saw my Dad last weekend as he and my Mom had us over to there house. It is only the 2nd time Hope has been over there since she' s been born and they only live 30 minutes away! We usually end up going to my sisters for stuff so the only other time we were over there was Thanksgiving. Most of you know how my parents lives REVOLVE around my sister's kids, but we actually had a pretty nice visit.

Last Sat. DH and I actually went to the movies (1st time in almost a year!) and had MIL and FIL babysit. Hope did pretty good, except for when she woke up from her nap. She was upset that we weren't there and poor MIL couldn't calm her down. But, we were already on our way home so she wasn't upset for long. Hope loves them and had fun with them except for that. DH and I had a nice time! It was good to get out. We saw Karate Kid and really liked it.

I have been off of work for a week now and am sooo glad. I have been SUPER tired (everyone always tells you how with your 2nd pregnancy you are so much more tired because you are chasing after a little one...true!) and m/s has kicked in. This morning was the worst it's been yet- although no puking thank goodness. Pretty much as long as I keep something in my tummy I am okay. It is funny though because DH accidentally broke a pickle jar when he came home from the store yesterday and was able to save most of the pickles. However, he put them in a zip-loc in the fridge and now the WHOLE fridge smells like PICKLES! Not the best thing for m/s lol! That was some bad timing haha.

Hope continues to learn more and more everyday. This week she is pointing to Elmo's pic when you ask her and clapping her hands together. We bought her a princess pool which she LOVES and her other water toy is lots of fun. I will post pics when I get a chance. She LOVES the water!

Sooooo....Happy Father's Day to all the DH's!!!!

Gotta run- Hope is up from her nappy!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools