Baby Corner

Old 03-16-06, 03:15 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 72.86%
Default He is sooooooo stubborn!!!

I know that Ian knows how bad I want him potty trained so I have started the last week or so acting like it is no big deal. Well, now he is to the point where he doesnt want to go at all. I am soooooo frusterated. He has the control and he knows what he has to do. ARRRRRRGH What do I do with this boy!!!!-

Old 03-17-06, 08:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am right there with you. I got the Once Upon a Potty DVD earlier in the week and Zach has been talking about the little boy Joshua since we got it. I also got The Potty Book for Boys and he likes that alot too. He has pooped once on the potty so far and has yet to pee but at least now he is more interested and talks about it alot. Before and sometimes still he will say I don't need to go potty or I will try later but at least now I have some hope since we had one success. Also when I know he needs to go and he doesn't want to I start reading his potty book and if that doesn't work I will sometimes give him an M&M to get him on.

Old 03-22-06, 09:35 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

Have you tried doing just underware with him? Most kids do not like to feel wet pants and if they are truly ready will get the idea quickly.

Another thing is a reward system for when he sits on the potty, actually pees, poops etc. Say a sticker for sitting, treat if he actually pees or poops and make a BIG deal over it if he does it and show how excited and proud you are.

HTH

Old 03-29-06, 08:17 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 72.86%

Yeah I have put him in underwear. He seemed to do OK for a few days but as soon as I put pants or shorts on over the underwear, he would pee in them. I am not sure why.

I give him a reward for going on the potty but have never given him anything for sitting on it. Maybe I should try that though because now he isnt even wanting to sit on it

Latest Articles
Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

Fertility Rates In Career Women Are Rising
Fertility rates are rising for career women, as it is becoming less difficult to raise a family while working. Here are some facts and tips to help guide you along the way.

Pregnancy Loss: Don’t Suffer in Silence
Coping with a pregnancy loss is just as devastating as losing a loved one.

Should Pregnant Women Who Drink Alcohol Go to Jail?
The controversy over pregnant women drinking alcohol continues, but should they go to jail for it?

Food Cravings in Pregnancy: Imagined or Real?
New research is showing that the intense pregnancy food cravings you have might just be in your head. What do you think?

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools