Baby Corner

Old 06-17-10, 04:19 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%
Default Hello...

Give us an update and a picture! How's the little ones doing?? What are they into? Anyone going to preschool this year? Anyone in any lessons??

Old 06-17-10, 10:21 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Louie's doing great! He's shooting up, wearing a lot of 3T clothes. He and his brother aren't much different in size now! He's really talking up a storm. He still is throwing regular tantrums, which makes things rough, since he isn't very easy to understand when he's screaming and banging his head into things. Ugh!

But he is awfully cute, and lots of fun for the most part. He's starting to calm down a little more in public and listen a little better. It's going to be a while before he's really "manageable" though.

Here is a pic of Lukas with my nephew at Disneyland.
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-18-10, 12:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 175 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ava is now 20 months old and is quite a handful. She is still having tantrums and screams when she doesn't get her way. She is on the move from the time she gets up until she goes to bed at night. You can't leave anything in her path or curiosity will get the best of her....like today, she found a sharpie and destroyed my bedroom while I was in the shower! (PS- Perfume worked wonders on removing perm marker from furniture and walls, thanks google!)

She's still on the petite side weighing 23 pounds, but the doctor confirmed on Monday that she's gaining weight and to keep giving her protien shakes every day. She is talking up a storm and is now even singing to her favorite shows. Play with me Sesame is her favorite. She defintely runs and rules this household, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's a picture of her from last weekend at my mom's in her new bathing suit. She loved the pool!
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-18-10, 01:01 AM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

Avery is a wild child. She is starting to talk a little more and in phrases. She knows way more than I thought she did about pointing to different body parts and such. She is still not doing the potty thing. She tells me immediately after she pees or poops and bring me another Easy-Up to put on because she REFUSES to wear diapers. She still eats such a great variety of food but is a "grazer" instead of a "meal-eater".

We have learned this summer that she is a fish. She still uses water wings but probably could manage without them. She can put her head under the water and doggy paddle great.

She is still taking gymnastics and that is going well. I was hoping we could move her up to the class where I don't go back with her, but she is regressing and not listening nearly as much as she was at one time. I think she is bored with it because it's the same thing every week.

We plan to let her play soccer this spring. I am excited and think she will love it! We are also starting to talk about preschool for next year (2011) and probably letting her go 2 days a week... we'll see.

Avery is still very loud and VERY VERY OPINIONATED! She is not afraid to tell you no or what she thinks about something.... which is usually a bad thing.

We have really bad allergies and Avery has sadly followed us and is taking Benadryl and Zyrtec nightly. She is getting ready to start Singulair too because the Zyrtec and Benadryl just aren't cutting it anymore...

All in all, she is the best (and wildest!) little girl ever!

)
Attached Thumbnails

Old 06-18-10, 01:37 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Everyone. I have been pretty much MIA. Bradley is doing good, he is fast approaching 2 1/2, which seems insane to me.

He is so much fun, he now knows most of his colors, shapes and can sing his alphabet, count to 20 and talks in sentences. It really amazes me how different 2 children can be.

He loves playing with his older brother, but wow, he is a handful, and spends a lot of time in time out lately because he seems to think that the way to get something is to smack his brother and take it.

He will pee on the potty, but wants nothing to do with pooping. Which is what Ben did to us for months, so I am not surprised.

He will be starting preschool in January when he turns 3.

He is right around 29lbs and I don't have a current height measurement on him, but he is quite tall.

I can't see to add pictures, but I will keep trying!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools