Baby Corner

Old 01-06-11, 09:59 PM
is loving being a parent
Mialee's Dad

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 10%
Exclamation Hello all! It's been awhile!

Hello! I hope Lukas and Ava, Lilly and Molly, Everett and everyone else all had a wonderful end of 2010!

It's been awhile since I checked in. Just a couple of weeks ago I FINALLY sat down at the computer and spent 7 HOURS uploading all of the photos on my camera to my computer and to facebook. MAN! I stopped keeping up with it sometime around February and after I fell behind I didn't have the motivation to catch up! It took my phone-which stores over 1000 photos-to fill up to force me to get back on the ball.

Xmas was fun with Mialee, she's getting so big! And I mean that relatively of course, considering she is so small for her size! She'll be 2 and a half on January 19th and her cousin who is 9 months her junior is taller than her! My little shorty!

Potty training is sporatic, and usually only if we ask her.

But her vocabulary is blowing me away! She carries fully length conversations with my wife and I, and says some of the funnies stuff! The other day she came home from the sitters with the word "stupid"... so after spending 2 minutes in Time Out and a talking to about that word... a week later out of the blue she looks up at me and says; "I won't say stupid daddy. I wont." LOL! Melts my heart! Last night we went out to eat dinner and during the car ride she had two laugh out loud moments. From noticing the Xmas display gone and saying; "Christmas is over mommy, Christmas is over." to responding to our question of whether or not she is excited to go eat at a restaurant she replied with great enthusiasm, "I'm EXCITED!" The other day we were walking out the door and she stops, turns around saying; "Oh! My babydoll! I forgot it!" before running back inside. Every day it's something new!

She's also a master of my iPad already. She loves the matching of shapes games and the card memory games. She'll just plot down on the couch with my iPad, turn it on, and start playing. Makes me nervous a little though...

Here are some recent pics:

This one is from October.

This one is at the beginning of December during a family get-together. They were fighting over the iPad here and I had to give them a talking to. On the left is her cousin Cole who is 1 month her junior, and to the right is Josie who I believe is 4, and then her cousin Chelsea who is 9 months her junior.

Here is a Xmas Photo Pose:

This one is with Mialee opening her present from Santa:

And this was us waiting in line to see Santa:

Old 01-06-11, 10:00 PM
is loving being a parent
Mialee's Dad

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

Yeesh, sorry for the pic size, I thought it was letting me resize them....

Old 01-06-11, 10:37 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 1385%

She's a doll. Welcome back!
I know that I always have to have DH resize photos for me.

Old 01-06-11, 11:41 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

Welcome back, Mike. Looks like she had an awesome holiday!

Old 01-07-11, 10:40 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.67%

Welcome back! Mialee is a living doll!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools