Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Toddlers How about an update on our 2009 babies?

How about an update on our 2009 babies?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-13-10, 09:49 PM
is proud of my kids!
Josh and Xavier's Mom
"Pregnancy Board Contest Winner!! - 8/1/11"

Thanked 32 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 21.22%
Smile How about an update on our 2009 babies?

Hi ladies!

This board has been dead lately, so I thought how about we do an update on our babies?? I know with it being summer and all, we're all pretty busy, but I was wonderin how everyone's babies are doin!

I'll go first.

Xavier is now almost 8 months old. (On the 19th he will be)
He is sitting all by himself, he scoots backwards, gets up on all 4's and rocks back and forth, so I think crawling will be coming soon. He also likes to pull up on whatever he can use to pull up on, so he can stand and see everything. lol

He says dada, daddy, nana (grandma), and hi. No mama yet, but we're working on that. We're also working on saying dog. I ask him "where's the dog?" and he'll look around for her and then when he sees her he giggles.

He LOVES to go swimming. He was scared at first (normal), but now he is happy and content to go in the pool whenever I do.
He's wearing 9 to 12 month clothes with some 18 month styles in there. He's in a size 4 diaper, and last weight check was 21 pounds 14 oz and that was last month when I took him in for thrush.

We go next month for our NINE month checkup already.. Geesh.. Time is flying, I wish it would slow down.

Anyway, enough on Xavier.
Who's next?

Old 07-13-10, 10:29 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 21.22%

I'll go!

Presley is 10.5 months. I cant believe she is almost one. I wish she didnt have to be my last baby, she is an amazing little girl.
Last month at her well baby check she was 18lbs. I think she may be around 19.5lbs or so now.
She wears 9-12months clothes. She can still wear some 6 months stuff as long as they arent one pieces.
She is still in a size 3 diaper.
She can say Mama, Dada, MiMi, Baby(what she calls the dog), Buba(not sure if she is talking about her brother or bottle?)
She is finally starting to move. She started just this week army crawling but she doesnt like it. She would rather sit on her but and scoot. She has gotten rather good and fast at that.
She still isnt pulling up but she is workin on it.
She has 2 teeth and they are just adorable.
She loves rubber duckies.
She still isnt a big eater. She loves the gerber snacks but does not want baby food anymore. We struggle to get a good meal in her.
Im sure I am forgetting stuff but she is getting tired so I have to get off here. I will post a few pics of her too. I have to have my camera sent off to be fixed so I dont have my good pictures upload yet. I will share some of our 4th pictures when I can.
*In the 1st pic you can she she has a rubber whale(instead of duckie lol)
*In the 2nd you can see her sweet teethies.
Attached Thumbnails
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-14-10, 01:57 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Cute pics LeAnn- and I was just thinking the SAME thing Lynn- so thanks!
Hope will be a YEAR a week from today! WOW!!!!!
We can't believe it! We have alot planned. We are going to the zoo tomorrow (even thought it's going to be hot), we are having her pics taken next Tuesday, she has her well visit on Thursday and then of course the big party on Saturday. We are VERY excited!
She is crawling like a mad girl, pulling up, squatting and sitting back down. She is now even standing by herself for long periods of time. She says dada, sometimes mama, doggie, all done (a

outside (ou-sy), she will sign more (that is CUTE).
She LOVES the pool- we have been going about three times a week and she is such a water baby!
Hope still isn't a big eater either, and we have just started giving her chunkier foods (cooked carrots, crackers) and she loves them (she won't eat diced chicken yet though). We keep trying to give her dairy- usually yogurt, but she can't handle it. It makes her tummy hurt- so we may truly have a lactose intolerant baby, which sucks, but oh well! Hope still only has the two bottom teeth as well.
I am starting to feel a little better this week- some of the nausea and exhaustion are letting up a bit. Thank goodness I am still on vacation! I had my breast u/s yesterday- I couldn't feel ANYTHING (no thick spot like my doc had said) so I hope it comes back clear. I should find out in a couple of days, hopefully. I need to get off my butt and post some pics, but they are on the other computer! (DH is using it right now).

Old 07-14-10, 04:04 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Everett is 14 1/2 months now. He's walking all over the place and starting to run thanks to his sisters chasing him! He has 4 teeth with 2 more ready to break through any day now. He eats just about anything and everything! His favorite foods are fresh fruits though! Found out he loves blueberries over the 4th of July holidays.

He understands most of what we say to him now, but his sign vocabulary is weak (only signs milk and more and will instantly clasp his hands for prayers), but understands a lot of signs. He says Mama, Daddy, Mil (milk), baba (bottle), bawl (ball), bo (book), Hi and bye and ame (amen). He also makes vrooming sounds when he plays with cars or the train set. He makes his Little People animals make vroom sounds too

Everett has started throwing pretty good fits when he doesn't get his way. He's mostly a really good little guy though and is very active. He climbs up on anything he can. He sits on a chair for breakfast and lunch, but I still put him in the high chair for dinner. I think he'd do much better at the table if we got him a booster, but I don't think he could climb into it and that's mostly the point with him.

I'm not sure what Everett weights now, but I estimate about 27 lbs. He wears a 3T.

Everett is a techie boy and most of our fights come from his desire for anything with buttons. We have tons of old phones and remotes for him, but he wants the real ones! He also has a deep love of my hairdryer and wants to carry that around with him. He really likes buttons! We had to get a wireless keyboard and mouse so we could put them on top of the computer desk so he couldn't reach them.

Laura

Last edited by LAB; 07-15-10 at 12:23 AM.

Old 07-14-10, 07:54 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Laura- Hope LOVES buttons too! ANYTHING with buttons! The remote, cell phones (she can unlock our cell phones- and those buttons are TINY), shirt buttons, buttons on our sound system, video game systems, computer...you name it. We bought her a little toy laptop for her birthday which has lots of buttons she can push. Hope and Everett would have a great time, lol!
I also forgot to mention she is wearing only 6-9 month sizes- still behind little thing!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools