Baby Corner

Old 03-27-06, 11:20 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Red face How is everyone?

Sorry I haven't been around much. I do read the board everyday, but rarely post anymore.

Work has been extremely busy since the beginning of the year. I'm working on a very important, very visible and very long project. It's a great experience for me and I can't say I'm bored with it! With the rapid schedule of this project, time has just flown by. I can't believe it's almost April!

Life at home seems to be just as busy and is going to be getting worse. Daniel is playing basketball (which ends this Saturday) and both the boys will start baseball practice soon. Daniel has practices already scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday nights. I'm not sure if I want Josh's to be at the same time or not!

I guess if they are in the same place, it won't be bad.

Only two more months until school is out. I can't believe that either! I have to sign Daniel up for summer camp at the Y next week. Better make a note of that or I'll forget!

Daniel had his first sleep over Friday night. He went to his friend's house and had a great time. Sounded like they were well behaved (as much as 7 year olds can be!) He was tired most of the rest of the weekend, but I think it was a success. Now we just need to find time for him to have someone over to our house.

Well, I guess I better get back to work. I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with everything!

Old 03-27-06, 01:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Melissa, I'm glad you're job has become more interesting, I remember you saying you had been bored in the past.

We're not that busy right now, thank goodness. Connor is between sports at the moment. I have him signed up for a soccer camp the week of spring break, which he is super excited about. He really wanted to play baseball, but I must admit I'm not that excited about it. We missed the sign up cut off (to my relief!) so I told him he could take some martial arts classes. Our city rec dept has a class that starts in April and lasts 6 weeks, so I'll let him do that and see if he likes it.

Nothing too new in Annie's life, you know when you're three, you just get dragged around with the rest of the family. I would like to get her in a gymastics class sometime this year, I think she's ready.

I've signed up to run in the local 5K Race for the Cure (breast cancer), and so I'm looking forward to that. I've committed to at least $100 in pledges, and it's a real challenge for me to ask people for things, but I think between my family and a few friends at work, I should be able to meet that pretty easily. The race isn't until the middle of May.

Then all the usual church stuff of course.

Old 03-27-06, 08:11 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Wow Diane pretty soon you & Meeg will be running marathons together!

Me, I've been busy with work. Its so hard to get motivated & get anything done so I never get caught up anyway & now its taxtime...

Girls are good. I've started a new system - they get 10 dimes each day & if they misbehave they lose a dime. It helps stop Rachel's argueing with me & Leanna's ignoring me (she says she isn't ignoring me but she is "busy"). We have yet to go shopping but I think once we do it will help reinforce that they need to be good in order to buy what they want.

Pinecrest is going to do summer camp which is good. Last year they moved the 1st grade & up to the Lancaster campus & I was worried about it for this year, but the principal told me they will bring it back. I was going to check out a few preschools if they hadn't. I know Children's World has summer camp thru 6th grade so they would have most likely gone there. We have a Y but its not a very good program.

I don't know about swim classes yet. Last year I took them to the country club (you don't need to be a member) 4 eve/wk for 4 wks but it was so exhausting for me. I may have them take lessons in Pinecrest even though its 2x as much just because its easier than shlepping them to the Country Club across town every day. I think I'll check into a summer gymnastics or Karate class too.

I've started taking Lunesta again instead of Ambien. I slept good 2 nites in a row so maybe its working. Lunesta didn't work for me a year ago but maybe in combo with Lexapro does something different. My dad keeps telling me how bad Ambien - people going sleepwalking/cooking/driving etc and I used to sleepwalk as a child so he's worried.

I'm writing a book now aren't I! Guess its time to stop & get some work done.

Old 03-28-06, 01:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babygirls
Wow Diane pretty soon you & Meeg will be running marathons together!
LOL, a 5K is a long way from a marathon - 5K is 3.1 miles, a marathon is 26 miles!

Old 03-28-06, 01:23 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1212
LOL, a 5K is a long way from a marathon - 5K is 3.1 miles, a marathon is 26 miles!
Since I couldn't make it thru a 3.1 mile run its all the same to me

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools