Baby Corner

Old 03-29-06, 08:57 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so impressed with all this running!

I am dog tired and totally freaked out by the moving process. We have put an offer on a home and no, we don't have ours on the market. That's pretty typical here. I am at the top of my price range so we may not get it. It has a pool which my husband really wants (although there is a super nice pool in the neighborhood.

We are putting our house up within a week, I am just bummed that spring break is here, we can't go anywhere until Thursday night because of Alex's play and I'll have to keep the house pristine-what a bunch of stress.

I'll let you all know if I get the house.

Old 04-02-06, 10:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Not too much new here - I finished work on Friday - the girls all took me out for a really nice supper at a posh restaurant and gave me a gift certificate to a local spa for a treat

T.J. goes in on Tuesday for his surgery - we are going up the night before so that the morning is calm rather than chaotic. He will likely be kept over night on Tuesday night.

Alexis had her first competitive swim meet yesterday - she did really well. She had 6 events that she competed in and out of 45 kids she ranked 23rd, 39th, 23rd, 11th, 25th and 23rd in the 6 events. That is pretty impressive for a first meet I think... she was really proud of herself and had lots of fun. She is looking forward to the next one the first week-end in May.

Well I had better get at the laundry!!

Nice to have the updates!

Old 04-03-06, 01:53 PM
~~Sharyn~~

Thanked 575 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 14120%

Yeah for Alexis! You go girl!

Old 04-06-06, 02:47 PM
Another busy mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so happy to hear about Melissa's improve job (yay!), Sharyn getting better behavior from the kids and more sleep, Diane's planned run, Alexis kicking butt in the swim meet, and Janney having a bid on a house!

Work has been crazy for me. I started teaching a master's student class in economics and finance, and it's tiring. It's a 3-hour lecture on Wednesdays and I am fried afterward.

The kids are doing great. Kaylie's math has improved a LOT and Calandra has become less sassy. Better yet, Calandra is sleeping through most nights in her own bed!!! DH's job is incredibly stressful right now, so between our two jobs I worry a bit that we aren't "together" enough KWIM?

We're heading for Disneyland next week Wed-Fri for spring break. We've also planned a summer week at the Lair of the Golden Bear, which is UC-Berkeley's alumni camp in the Sierra. You don't have to be a Cal alum to go, which is great since neither of us is! We went last year and the kids loved it.

Jo
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools